swap meet

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We went to the Springfield swap meet for the 22nd time in a row, Friday and Saturday. This is the first time I remember getting everything I was looking for and saving enough money to pay for the trip. I got a perfect steering wheel for the Nova for $60, I had expected to give$150 for an original or $250 for a repop and I hear they don't fit the shroud. The correct windshield with antenna was $109. My glass guy says he can't get one and on E-bay they're also $109 but with $150 shipping. I also got a new light switch knob, which is $25 on e-bay, I got a perfect one for $1. Friday was Deb's birthday and you guys know what a hopeless romantic I am, so after we walked around for 8 hours, I took her out to dinner.
Saturday we went to the car corral and there were several cars from 59-64 there but no W motors. One guy had a nice black 62 Biscayne with a big block, he was asking $11,500 which didn't seem too out of touch.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Mearl, I saw that Biscayne your talking about. I too think it was a decent buy ! The car corral was pretty full, but most everything was over priced as usual.
ken...............