T-10 oil leak.... run out of ideas...

Randy Maurstad

Well Known Member
Ive had a leak in my T-10 that I just cant figure out. It leaks out the front sprays oil up in the bell housing then slowly comes down after i park for a few days. I pulled the trans. The front retainer to the housing was dry. Took it to a guy that does nothing but T-10s and muncies near me, got him out of Hemmings. Had him go through the trans. Th front retainer was worn out internally, the oil return groove was completely gone... I found the problem. so a new retainer, along with bearings etc... back in the car.. same thing... the car was a P.G... I changed to a T-10... could the trans be tilting up .. allow oil to seep along the input shaft?... i have stock tires/wheels, suspension... are trans mounts the same P.G/ T-10...??any ideas??? almost like the oil level is too high, but its at the plug....is that right....

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Trans

Randy, be sure you have a T10 retainer, should have some spiral grooves in it that are opposite rotation. Be sure there is sealant on the 4 bolts as the threads go all the way into case. And check the countershaft pin fit. Could be a little loose in front of case. If so you can knurl the bore for pin to fit again. :) also check drain hole in case for obstruction Mike

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
seal

Also T10 had a seal in retainer.Be sure it is facing the right way. Those retainers with the spirals were af-market from what I remember>>:dunno

mac1

Well Known Member
Give John a call. He's in Anaheim Hills. He knows the T-10.
714 974-5539

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Leak

Randy , check your private messages. Been trying to mail you for 5 days, whats up:dunno