Tachometer Help

Smokey1963

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When car is at idle or revved up tach reads. Once on the road it quits any ideas?
Thanks

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a modern tach, had to use some kind of in line “filter” to get it to work properly with pertronics.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You can add the filter ,and if it still acts up you can send it in for repair . I don't recall the repair place at the moment ,but could find it for you.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Williamson's Instruments--www.williamsons.com
for repair

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s
Yes. That's a good place to send it. I sent my aftermarket tach there for repair and they did a great job. At the time of purchase, I couldn't find an original one, so it was the Chinese junk or nothing. I kiddingly say this, but it's true. If you buy an after market tach, don't even unbox it. Send it to a repair shop of your choice and let them look at and calibrate it. Then install it. I already had mine installed and it didn't work. Had to take it apart and send it out. Just my opinion, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry, can't help you with a filter. My '64 SS had a stock ignition system and the tach worked fine once being sent out and fixed. Just had to wire it properly, Carmine.