Take a knee

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
469f87fe8cdd2f108a637ca162739da14824fb978922f4574fc48f3c040d629d.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
He should have been drug out by his dumbo ears as soon as the fraudulent birth certificate came to light. That's total BS! And still nothing done about it. He'll be leaching off the tax payers until he's dead. Think about what he costs us daily just on security! Makes me SICK!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
NFL Lords Prayer

Motivational speakers have the best stories. John Cassis is one of our nation's finest motivational speakers. He told a story recently about a time when he was serving as one of the Chaplains for the Chicago Bears during their glory years of the 1980's. As John tells it, Mike Ditka was about to deliver a locker room pep talk one day. He looked up and saw defensive tackle William "Refrigerator" Perry. How could he not see him? At 338 pounds the Fridge stood out even in a crowd of pro football players. Ditka gestured to the Fridge. "When I get finished," he said, "I'd like you to close with the Lord's Prayer." Then the coach began his talk.
Meanwhile, Jim McMahon, the brash and outspoken quarterback, punched John Cassis. "Look at Perry," McMahon whispered, "he doesn't know the Lord's Prayer." Sure enough, Perry sat with a look of panic on his face, his head in his hands. He was sweating profusely.
"Everybody knows the Lord's Prayer," said Cassis to McMahon in disbelief.
After a few minutes of watching the Refrigerator leaking several gallons of sweat, McMahon (never known as a genius himself) nudged Cassis again. "I'll bet you 50 bucks Fridge doesn't know the Lord's Prayer."
As Cassis tells the story, he stopped to reflect on the absurdity of it all. "Here we were sitting in chapel and betting 50 bucks on the Lord's Prayer."
When Coach Ditka finished his pep talk, he asked all the men to remove their caps. Then he nodded at Perry and bowed his head. It was quiet for a few moments before the Fridge spoke in a shaky voice, "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord, my soul to keep."
Cassis felt the tap on his shoulder. It was Jim. "Here's the 50 dollars," he whispered. "I had no idea Perry knew the Lord's Prayer."

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Seems that when the Raiders and Al Davis were in LA and played at the coliseum, the local businesses,gas stations and restaurants on south Figueroa learned real fast to close down and dash the lights and wait it out in the dark when the game ended in order to keep drunken rowdy fans from coming in, beating up the staff, demolishing the bathrooms, ransacking the place and running off with the cash register.After the post game traffic dispersed, then they could reopen and turn the lights back on. Says something about that whole operation. Big sigh of relief when they left town and moved up north.