Take A Knee

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray,
they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye black
to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness
for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt
that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL
uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for
breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for
domestic violence.
(Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet
in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to
commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a
sudden...

It seem quite clear based on these fact that the NFL has taken a position against
any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue:

For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence,
for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...

But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag,
our National Anthem, for America, and for the American People,

if it will help mollify a particular group and its supporters
(such as BLM, and other leftists...)

That is what the NFL has shown itself to be

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
11282236874d1137e5795b7df9c5e3f1580e313f57617f255d2d3a7c46a56a01.jpg

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
All these things are so true. Thanks for the insights, especially that first post. What is really important in life?Success is where you develop it, but never forget to be grateful for the strengths you DO have. I graduated from a high school that was an absolute killer in football. The team went for over five seasons undefeated, including CIF playoffs. They were the pride of the community, and the senior coach enjoyed the notoriety as well. The band kids, however, weren't anybody to hang out with or emulate.They seemed lost most of the time. The band director was a loudmouth, foul falling down drunken fool with no dignity. The polar opposite of the football team. After high school and college were over,however, I wonder which element went further in life and had the hardest time adjusting. Corporations don't care about that kind of stuff, like real life, they just care about hiring who can do the job.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Had a buddy who owned his own small company and did all the hiring personally here in a moderate sized university town. He always told me that he preferred to seek out and develop second and third string quarterbacks because they were smart, were team players, and they did the same thing the first stringers did in practice without the "big heads" often seen associated with star players.

Some of us "second stringers" turned out OK :).

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Second stringers seemed to know how to work and get ahead in life with out the ego problems. People with huge egos start thinking they can get away with anything,violate laws and manners any way they choose,and they seem to cause more problems than they care to think of. I'm glad that I never had that kind of success. I just developed the skill sets that I had, kept to myself, and I feel God has rewarded me for it. I wasn't raised in a Christian home, but basic right and wrong was drilled into me. I'm grateful for life and have no complaints.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press".From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.
General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...
During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".
Senator Obama replied :
"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression..." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."
Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It’s my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we,as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails, perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments".
When I Become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts.We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become The President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm theUnited States of America."

Yes, you read it right.
EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA NEEDS TO READ THIS, SO KEEP IT GOING ! ! SAVE AMERICA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! !
Dale Lindsborg, Washington Post
Please pass on without comment ~~~