Take me back.........

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
So when I was a young teen, somewhere bout the time of getting my license......I happened across a picture of what at the time I believed was the absolute coolest hot rod I’d ever seen.........not remembering the magazine....... my fading memory had forgotten all about it....... until last night.
So surf’n the net last night after work, I’m on the hamb...searching on gassers and I happen on a member who had asked about a picture of a black 63 impala called “black bitch”.......memory kicked in........ is that what is was called....????..... is it “the” car......I Don’t remember a name ..... I did remember a beautiful 63, black, hot rod with a flip front end (so cool) I thought I had remembered flames.... got that part wrong...... and the palm trees in the back ground......I scrolled down to see “the” hot rod of my dreams.........
864DDE40-F86B-4725-A65C-28D4C2DC4053.jpeg
I did not remember the side pipes or the lettering....... but this was the hot rod of my dreams.......
Just thought I’d share ....... it was a cool memory !!!!!!!......The picture that I had couldn’t of been more than 1” x 3” at the largest......... it was in a 1975 car craft magazine.........COOL......!!!!!...... in ‘75 I’d only have been 12......... so I’m sure I must have seen it later...........

Last edited:

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
can you imagine how socially uncorrect the name "black bitch" would be perceived now with all the snowflakes...I got a custom tag for my buick with "blakdog" on it...boy did I cause a rucus in the DMV that day...they told me that was a racist inference but when I told the lady to look over the counter to see my back dog they backed off...

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Come on guys ......... I was around 16 yrs old........ they say your brains not fully developed till your 23ish......... NO SHAME........ I got it right with the 63...and the tilt....... it’s still hot.....!!!!!
And my brains still not done.....!!!!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I like it, how long have you had your 63?

Embarrassingly long for not having anything accomplished .......Purchased way back at the end of 95 for the sum of $4000...... purchased as a hobby or a toy, supposedly she could not have children according to the doctors ..... The doctors were wrong so the car was on hold their entire young lives and then I got to buy it again through the divorce so maybe now I can get something accomplished ....... The car fund still isn’t what it was supposed to be because the judge decided I could pay her maintenance so I’ll be 62 before my money is my money .......Probably too much information..... sorry I can tend to ramble on........

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is what I really wanted and had a few when I was 17 and 18 years old, they were plentiful back in the late 60's early 70's now not so much, so I got the 63 Biscayne on another note a friend of mine and his wife couldn't get pregnant so they adopted, the month they adopted their son, she got Pregnant :scratch:drinking

1960_Chevrolet_Biscayne.jpg