Tar Baby 2

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Stopped to see a friend of mine, Lynn Courtner, yesterday in southern Oregon for a visit. He is the owner driver of the Tar Baby 2. The cavitation shaft broke at 135 MPH last June at Dexster Oregon. Here are some before and after the accident pics. He got a broken nose and was real sore but other wise came out well. Lynn and his crew run blown alcohol 8 second flatbottom. He is one heck of a guy and is building a new boat and will be running at Red Bluff California Mamorial Day weekend. We are going to be there to cheer him on.:clap :clap :clap There are a few pics of TarBaby2 when Lynn ran injected alcohol as well.

Attachments

• tarbaby2blower.jpg
    tarbaby2blower.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 86
  • tarbaby2.jpg
    tarbaby2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 77
  • tarbaby2injection.jpg
    tarbaby2injection.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
  • tarbaby2injection2.jpg
    tarbaby2injection2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 83
  • tarbaby.jpg
    tarbaby.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 86

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I wish I was closer to your area for the flatbottoms:eek: :eek: and the hydro's. They have pretty much died out around here.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Frickin INSANE !!!!
You guys that do the
"Flying low" on the water thing,,, must have BIG,, no,,,, HUGE kahunas !!!!

Must take a wheel barrow to hawl them around !!:eek: :roll

either that or pea sized brains,,,

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
either that or pea sized brains,,,[/QUOTE]

:dunno

yep................think you may have figured it out.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Yeah, ask Eddie Hill! :doh

NHRA Hall of Fame said:
In October 1984, Hill quit boat racing after a severe crash, not to mention the fact that the earnings from all his wins over the years had only been a break-even proposition.

He was clocked at 217 mph that fateful day at Firebird Lake when he was pitched through the hull and into the lake. He suffered seven broken bones, a concussion, injuries to his eyes, and multiple cuts and contusions. He spent five days in the hospital and wasn't fully healed for a year, but he did ride a motorcycle in pain six weeks after the crash.

"The blown-fuel hydro was a pretty thrilling ride," Hill said. "It would jump up on top of the water and dance around. You really never knew for sure if you were going to make it to the other end. Of course, a lot of guys didn't, myself included, but it was a heck of a ride."

http://www.nhra.com/50th/top50/E_Hill14.html