Template for dash tach cutout

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Anyone have a template for the dash tach cutout ? I can kind of ballpark the top part just not sure how far to go down the bottom curve to the 2 screws.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
A picture of the curve down the the bottom, so maybe distance to cut from top back hole. I can figure width and depth on the top based on tach(Autometer will fit in there, back in the day swapped in a Sun Super Tach) but not sure how far down to cut and then bend to match up to the housing.

Thanks Don I just did not see that when I ordered the housing a few years at figure it out I may order one. Want to cut it before I paint it. Going form blue to black.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes some knucklehead chrome plated that dash insert, I wonder how that worked on a bright sunny day!

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Thanks that gives me some direction. I figure a Dremel cut off wheel would be the easiest to not bend the thin stuff. Not looking to make it look like a total original dash but close. The bottom I was not sure how to do to still cover up the tach.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Here's my final cut. Just have to figure how to drill that back hole! The retainer screw in the tach housing are kind of a weird thread and I need a little longer since the tach bezel is kind of thick.

Attachments

• DSC_0319.JPG
    DSC_0319.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0320.JPG
    DSC_0320.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0324.JPG
    DSC_0324.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0326.JPG
    DSC_0326.JPG