Test and tune at local track today

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Went to the local dragstrip today. I wanted to get the old wagon in the 12's. There was a strong headwind coming down the track. I was hoping it would die down, as I got really close as you can see by the timeslip. The run before this was a 13.136 @ 105.15. So the wind cost me almost 1 mph

Attachments

• testing.jpg
    testing.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 337

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
park

Was that slip from Esta Safety park? Been there. July 4th, 1971. Fuel Funny CarHave pictures after the race, loaded and ready to head home!

Fred

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
now thats some strong runnin! sure wish i had a dragstrip near me. sure would make tuning easier. Way to go :D

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
yes SS425HP, That was from the ESTA safety park. It's the closest one to me here. They have just installed the score boards for et and mph, reaction time too. They just repaved too.

I saw the 60ft, Don... I KNOW that was street tires !... it's the speed, man... It's a %&*ing station wagon !

Take THAT, 5.0.... is that "car-go" enough for 'ya ?!!!

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pictures?

Nice run. Bet that got your attention.

Cool looking engine. Care to show us a picture of your car and the engine?

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here is a nice shot of a early sixties "Wagon Warrior."

Attachments

• 62 wagon_drag car.jpg
    62 wagon_drag car.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 187

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Thanks

Thanks Jim,

I appreciate it. You got to love these old wagons. They use to be the hot set up back in the day. Easier to hook up then the other body styles. I had a Camaro that I use to run in G/SA. Always had trouble getting it to hook.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
History

Jim,

Can you send the picture of the wagon to my email address? It is ddeweave@twcny.rr.com. Could you possibly make it a little bigger? That looks like the Silver blue that my wagon is suppose to be. Do you know any history about that car? Anybody?

Thanks