Test ride

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
After installing the 2nd upper control arm I took the 60 for a test ride. If you have been following my posts I have had a wheel hop problem. After installing the 2nd control arm I have reduced the wheel hop by 95%. Mind you, the control arms are all boxed and polyurathaine bushings are used on all. In the prosses of installing said arm I have found that my pinion angle is down 4 dgs. This is to much! I figure with the stiffness of my "new" four link suspension I can run with 2 dgs. At any rate 4 dgs is to much. I will be making adjustments!:D :D :D . Another problem has surfaced! Under full throttle conditions the 700 R4 tranny shifts into 2nd gear like it was connected to a rubber driveshaft. Real soft shifts! If I hold the throttle at half I can light the tires for 30'. If I am under full throttle I will be lucky if I get rubber at all. Also Is there a fix to keep the tranny in OD under full throttle lockup conditions??:cuss

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Glad to see she`s on the road !!!!!:D Don`t no nutin` bout no 700r,,,,dq

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fat - Great to hear that the 2nd upper control arm helped your problem!!!!! Looks like I need to get serious about the 2nd control arm on my car.
Tom

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Fatride go to bowtie overdrives and ask Steve I bet he can help get the trans dialed in. I bet Aubrey just laughes with glee when any of us are having trouble with our slushboxes.;) Roy

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Also I forgot, do you have a billet accumilator on you trans.? I put one on mine and they said it was needed to provide enough oil to keep up line pressure at high rpm's. My trans shifts like a stocker at street speeds but snaps your neck at full throttle shifts.Roy

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Fur sure!

Originally posted by CDNpontiac409guy
"I bet Aubrey just laughes with glee when any of us are having trouble with our slushboxes. Roy"

pretty much:p ;) :D
ROTFLMSOAO:D
Well, you got one part of that post right Aubrey, "MSOA":rolleyes: :D :D :D