test run

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Finally got the 64 S/S back together, converted to Power Brakes with dual m/cyl [ drum brakes] replaced both frt. buckets seat covers & new foam. Upholstery shop added extra foam on lower cushion and centre of back rest for extra support. Installed electric fan [puller] on rad with over ride switch,& removed the mechanical fan. First run felt so good "banging gears" & feel the the " 9 er" stretch it's legs. That was May 1st. & snowed the next day!!!! Had the 64 Pontiac Parissianne Wagon out 2 days ago and ran it through the gears [4 spd] Now I'll we need is warm weather, & a place to go but all car gatherings are cancelled with Covid 19 so will be a very lean summer on driving anywhere with travel restrictions in place but will save on fuel!!!

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
May not be able to drive either car, as I just found out, a few car guys, went for a little tour last week & ended up with a $1000 fine for Unnecessary Travel from OPP [ Ontario Provincial Police ] with non essential travel restrictions in place!! OUCH!!!!!!

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
No, but we are very strict on Corona 19 as spread is still growing & as Province has started a "SLOW" opening, the numbers are spiking in a matter of days!!! At Least our Prime Minister hasn't suggested drinking BLEACH or swallowing a ultra violet light,or taking a unproven drug!! He's still a LOSER but not as bad as TRUMP!!!

427John

Well Known Member
Yes they are, if your plate comes up as non-resident of area you'll get stopped!!!
That's as much profiling as pulling over cars with out of state plates,I see you actually believe what the media that is constantly shown to run misleading stories and articles and manipulate statistics is telling you.Anyone who is willing to believe that Trump actually recommended drinking bleach or swallowing UV lights is letting panic and the attendant irrational thinking get the better of them.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
May not be able to drive either car, as I just found out, a few car guys, went for a little tour last week & ended up with a $1000 fine for Unnecessary Travel from OPP [ Ontario Provincial Police ] with non essential travel restrictions in place!! OUCH!!!!!!
I’m sorry sir I was just going to the grocery store .....!!!!!.....?????

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
I’m sorry sir I was just going to the grocery store .....!!!!!.....?????[
Just happened to have 15 friends following me ???? Naw, that won't work????
That's as much profiling as pulling over cars with out of state plates,I see you actually believe what the media that is constantly shown to run misleading stories and articles and manipulate statistics is telling you.Anyone who is willing to believe that Trump actually recommended drinking bleach or swallowing UV lights is letting panic and the attendant irrational thinking get the better of them.
Yuup, saw him in press conference, asked Dr. Birk if "we can do that" after making absurd statement on bleach b& ultraviolet light!!!

wristpin

Well Known Member
Watch it again...he was refering to what medical profession is already doing with killing cancers and virusus by filtering patients blood through a sterilizing machine. But that isnt the issue...the issue is no matter what Trump says or does is wrong and everyone should believe or perpetuate the lies, half truths and inuendo about him because thats whats best.
BTW is there a LAW that has been passed by your full legislature in Canada that spells out the restrictions on driving as well as the fine and possible jail sentance or is it by Royal Decree??

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
A law passed similar to what the dictator Trudeau passed on guns lately?
No, Just trying to contain the virus from spreading. Ontario & quebec had to call in Military medical help for some long term care facilities, where it was running rampant, now 26 Military staff have come down with it!! Guns are not necessary here, That's one of the difference between our 2 countries, only for hunting in remote regions & must be registered!! Speaking of "dictators" Naw I'm not going there!! Have a great day!!! Just for your info, a "NANOS" poll was taken long before Covid hit & 84% of Canadian's wanted a ban on both AK style & hand guns. The Bill passed Parliament with all 5 Parties passing it, so it was UNANIMOUS,[ not dictated] & went on to Senate where it was passed, but hand guns were not included in that bill but will likely come soon.

Last edited: