Texas 348 409 Get Together

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
New TEXAS ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But not quite like last time!!

Our midwest Harley group..........less the members that models showed in the pictures the other day.........are heading to Texas this Saturday for a week. Our destination is Kerrville. We will be spending 4 days there.

But on the way down....we are staying at Mineral Wells on Sunday night. That is close to one of "our " National Monuments at Weatherford. And that is the HUGE 409 exit sign on I-20. There is a Petro truck stop with the Iron Skillet restaurant there.

I was talking with Brian Thompson this morning as we decided to see if any of the Ft. Worth or Dallas crowd wanted to get together. So here is the invitation!! Rusty, sexybabyjamie, Skip, Roger, Ronnie is probably too far away...but anybody that is interested is welcome!! We can use this opportunity to meet some members that we haven't met personally before. Bring your wife...bring your girlfriend....bring both of them if you want!!!!

Let's say between 6-7PM to meet at the Iron Skillet Sunday evening. I'm expecting Candy & I to be there by 6 but can't be sure at this point. Maybe we can all get a group photo at the 409 exit sign!!!!

Roger.....was planning to stop by for a short period on Mon. as we pass thru Burnett.

Hope to see some forum members!!!!

Giddy up giddy up 409!!!!!!!!!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
New TEXAS ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that is the HUGE 409 exit sign on I-20. Roger.....was planning to stop by for a short period on Mon. as we pass thru Burnett.
Maybe we can all get a group photo at the 409 exit sign!!!!

Giddy up giddy up 409!!!!!!!!!!

:roll :roll :roll That is before the sign goes missing and shows up in a shop in KC !!!:eek: :roll :roll

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil-

I will bring my travel tool box, the only thing will be transporting it home if it is too big to carry on the bike

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Let me see if I understand this. Phil and his Harley posse are gonna make a trip through north Texas in late April. Please beware of dark , funnel shaped clouds. They have a way of showing up suddenly this time of year. :eek: :eek:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I can see the headlines now..."RENEGADE MOTORCYCLE GANG TERRORIZES NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS, Infamous gang leader answers to the name Phatblock Phil and is known to have made previous raids into the state to the dismay of native collectors/hoarders." Live at 5.:eek:
:roll

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ronnie.................looks like you guys have your own dark, funnel clouds!! Heard some hit around Ft. Worth Wed.:eek: :eek: Hope everybody is OK.

Yes Cecil.............we be the baddest and meanest 60 & 70 year old bikers you have ever seen!!!! And that doesn't take into account all the enlarged prostates that will be on the trip!!!!

Changed my oil last night in the Ultra. Thought about you Bob and you new BendPack. I didn't need one!!!! Anyway....global warming....??????.. the weather report says that we are supposed to have a low tonight of 34 and we are leaving about 7 in the morning.:eek: :eek: So much for the cutoffs and tank tops!!!! Leather is still in style in April!!!!

See you all at the 409 EXIT sign on I-20 Sunday evening!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Have a great trip and take lots of pictures for us stuck on the coast
robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
we're home!!!

Got home Sunday afternoon and 8 days on the road. 2250 miles thru Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas. Had some chilly days and windy days thanks to global warming!! Spent 4 days in the Hill Country west of San Antonio.

Got to meet Brian Thompson and his lovely bride Michelle Sunday afternoon. We spent about 3 hours talking about cars, engines, Ronnie Russell...etc. Had a great visit!! Sorry we couldn't get more forum members there. Was hoping to meet Rusty and Tom.

On Saturday, Candy and I stopped by Roger's house in Burnet. We have been there before on our trip last year but this time got to meet Roger's lovely bride Joyce. Roger has a great place!!! He is still having starter problems with his 61. Hope he can get that fixed so he won't sell his car!!!! Heard all about the Pate swap meet stories........more on that later!!!

Candy & I spent last Tuesday with Hayden. He is looking good and feeling good too. It's always a pleasure to spend time with him and hear this stories!! Spent some time talking about his time with Mickey Thompson and the Pontiac stories. His memory is still in remarkable shape!! Just wished I lived closer and had a video camera. I would like to capture his stories and enthusiam while we can. Great time with Hayden!!

Lot of good bike riding in central Texas!! Gotta watch out for the deer tho!!!

We went south on Highway 99 from Kansas into Oklahoma. There were several big OLD junk yards along this highway. Also, we went south on 177 from Stillwater, OK and ther were some junk yards there too that looked interesting. Might be something to check out if any of you are in the area. I need to go back with the dually!!!

That's it.....had a great time. Sorry Robert...no pictures. I forgot my memory card for my camera and bought a new one and then the camera wouldn't work????!!!!
Don't know why. Anyway... I really wanted some pictures of the 409 Exit sign on I-20 for DQ!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, Did you see any of those thunder clouds like Ronnie mentioned.....?

Attachments

• thundercloud.jpg
    thundercloud.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 60

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I remember the big one that hit Wichita Falls Texas April 11th 1979. 1.25 miles wide through a large part of the city. I was in charge of the AF school of advanced training for Power Generators at Sheppard AFB (WF) at that time, installed emergency generators all over the city, made it home 3 days later. Learned to have a lot of respect for those big funnels. Phill, happy to see you guys made it through tornado alley safely. Larry

William

Supporting Member 1
Sorry yo hear about Rogers 61 that want start:cuss If he would like me to BUILD him a kick _ss HIGH TORQUE unit have him or anyone to contact he at wehro@yahoo.com and discuss it. William.