TH 350 rebuild

482STROKER

Well Known Member
I'm going to rebuild the T350 trans in my 79 chev SW truck and I have been looking in my Summit catalog at the B&M and TCI kits, has any one here used these or recomend a good quality rebuild kit, I am also looking for a converter that will increase mileage, I know they used to make them but all I see in the catalog is performance converters and I don't need one of those, can any one point me in the rite direction?

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A couple years ago, I rebuilt the 350 Turbo trans in my panel truck. Easy job.
I put in some better clutches, shift kit, and made some modifications. Turned out
real nice. I'll see if I can dig up some of the parts sources for you.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oops! All my links that I had saved no longer work !
Here's a link you might find interesting. It gives some info on overdrive trans's
and modifications you can do to them.http://www.montecarloss.com/SSThunder/drivetrain.html

I'll have to go out in my shop & see if I can get some info off left over parts boxes
for ya.

There's a video available (along with a rebuild manual) that you can buy. It'll
guide you thru the whole process. I'll attach a link where you can get the video.
http://www.technicalvideos.com/

You may be able to find the video & manual for less money somewhere else, if you
look around.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No info on rebuild kit box. Just had a koline clutch pak sticker on outside.

HP Books "Turbo Hydra-Matic 350 Handbook" by Ron Sessions. Lots of info here.

I used a Performance Shift Kit by Transgo.

You might do a search for Transtar Industries, INC. I think I may have bought
my rebuild kit from them. They also sold me a real good tech manual for the
TH350C.

I also bought a manual for a 700R4 from them. I have a 700R out of a late
model Z28 that I plan on building in the future.

Hope this helps ya out some. :dunno

I'll attach a shot of my panel just for snickers !

Attachments

• Panel Truck.JPG
    Panel Truck.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 28

482STROKER

Well Known Member
I have the factory shop manuals so doing the rebuild won't be a problem plus I have rebuilt a auto trans before, I guess I really just need to choose B&M or TCI for the rebuild kit, I have already pulled the 3.42 ratio rear end and reinstalled the 3.08 rear and still only getting 10 mpg in town, the 268 comp cams bumpstick is going to get changed next, all the changes now are for mpg now that its over $4.00 a gallon, and BTW thats a nice looking panel you have

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
I have had great luck with tci as a company and parts. The 400 in my car has their convertor, trans brake/ valve body, And rebuild kit. The last trans I broke (not their fault) I sent back the convertor and they had a great turn around and it wasnt to expensive. The only thing I couldnt get out of them was what kind of clutches they send in their kit. They were a light yellow/tan. All they would tell me was that they were their clutches.