Thanks Cecil

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got to spend some time with Cecil yesterday, :cool:a little lunch, a visit to the stash (WOW) some good conversation. Complimented with some pieces I needed for the 09 and 58. Best of all, Cecil knows my interest in B-17 Bombers and presented me with a B-17 Flying Fortress clock (NIB). I'll post a picture when I can, left the camera in the truck. Duh. I opened it up as soon as I got to the room, That's a really nice piece Cecil. I have a special place for it. Thanks soo much for everything.

Ray

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Cecil is a cool guy for sure, goes out of his way for us fellow 9ers. All hail Cecil. O.K. I'm done, I'll go back to my room.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think he fibbed Cecil

:? Was nice you guys had a visit but I thought he might break down in Brian.s neck of the woods next so he check for a house. Ray hope the rest of the trip goes well.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ray were you hauling your tanker or a flatbed? Next time you will have to time your visit with a 53' closed trailer to remove the "useless Junk":roll:roll
robert

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
I remember him saying he was heading for Alaska on motorcycle a week or 10 days after Thompson. Said he would be gone about six weeks.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I remember him saying he was heading for Alaska on motorcycle a week or 10 days after Thompson. Said he would be gone about six weeks.

Could be virgin hunting grounds for him. Don't hear much about Alaskan 409s but there must be some. When I was stuck up there for 2 years, I thought I would have to live without my Corvette hobby. I found more corvette stuff in Alaska than anybody would have thought. I found a 67 tripower 427, a 66 425 hp 427, a 65 365 hp 327 and a 360 hp FI 63 coupe all in the small fishing community on the island of Kodiak....... even more in Anchorage.
Probably 409's hidden all over the state powering mining equipment or who knows what.:dunno

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don't hear much about Alaskan 409s but there must be some

They are there.......... a few years ago I bought a set of 690's from a non car guy in Alaska..... found the ad somewhere on the net....... they were sitting on a shelf of an industrial building when he bought the building years ago........... $490.00 with shipping....... :cool::cool::cool:

There has to be more hiding up there.....
Dave