Thanks to so many of you!

bwell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I didn’t know much about engines when I decided to rebuild and stroke my 409. With the help of so many of you and specifically Bob Walla, I was able to cut reliefs in the cylinder walls for the exhaust valves, clearance the rod bolts , use clay to check piston to valve clearence, and measure for correct push rod length.
I still don’t know much but have had a great time putting this engine together.
Couldn’t have done it without you guys! THANKSCD16340D-7183-44EC-AD72-8D20551CB620.jpegCD16340D-7183-44EC-AD72-8D20551CB620.jpeg

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Totally agree 110% with what the original poster stated. This site and membership is invaluable. Everyone has been a tremendous help to me and they still are, for which I am very grateful. Amazing though, when I ask a question about a non related "W" engine, I get more responses here, then I would at a dedicated site for that particular vehicle. Just goes to show you what a great group of folks they are, Carmine.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
See the pic attached and the circles...What is this and how does it work, never see it. Im guessing its for cooling and looks like you tapped into the heads? Also, is that a fuel rail to connect those? Last q, the line on the driver's side bank, kinda loops, is this a choke?. Super curious of what it all means :>)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 36