the 61 under lock down

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
nice job on the mount -I had two made for a Richmond 5 speeds that curve like that to fit the original frame mounts out of square curved metal.

How much and how big a area do you have to raise the tunnel in front of the seat to clear the Tremec ?
Paul

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Pulled the shift lever out of the tremec and pressed out the pin and then chopped it down and made it so it relocates the shift lever to where it would be on a T10
20200426_143211_resized.jpg20200426_164904_resized.jpg
Added the rear support pieces to the top arm cross member. they take a bit of altering to get the to fit well
20200427_150717_resized.jpg20200427_150725_resized.jpg
My nephew makes up the bracket for the front mount for the LH top arm. They are real nice
20200427_162356_resized.jpg

What is the story with these rear shock absorbers? can you get new gas shocks for them and re-use the springs etc?
20200427_162414_resized.jpg

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
nice job on the mount -I had two made for a Richmond 5 speeds that curve like that to fit the original frame mounts out of square curved metal.

How much and how big a area do you have to raise the tunnel in front of the seat to clear the Tremec ?
Paul

Hi Paul,
Just going off my brothers 63 about and inch and a quarter. i will find some pics that he sent me of what he did. Basically from the seam at the base of the fire wall to the first cross brace at the front of the seal.

Also i will PM you with some other bits and pieces that i am on the look out for

Steve

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
here is my 62 SS 409 convertible (1st picture)P1000489.JPGP1000444.JPGP1000443.JPGP1000436.JPG
and work on my friends 62 SS 409 convertible rear axle dual control arms and braces.

My completed power coated frame has adjustable global west upper arms and global west adjustable upper brackets on the frame + I added a dual adjustable panard bar
Paul

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Guys,
Could i please get some pics of exhausts?
I have Jardine tri-Y headers and i got given a flow master SS exhaust system from manifolds back (doesnt fit well at all over rear wheel area)
need to see what people have done for the connection from end of headers to the exhaust system?
Would like to un cap but leave exhaust system in there so let me know what works please

Steve

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Steve

I slid the mufflers onto the tail pipe and bolted the front end to the headers.

Getting ready to go fishing now but I can get you pics Saturday when I get back if you want.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Steve I used the hanger behind muffler with a V type bracket to hold the muffler and exhaust level. Two brackets coming down to pipe from original hanger bracket. The pipe from the collector to muffler is cut about 3” before muffler. I use a wide band clamp there. When uncapping headers I remove band clamp the remove collector bolts. Clear as mud I guess. :dunno

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi Guys,
Could i please get some pics of exhausts?
I have Jardine tri-Y headers and i got given a flow master SS exhaust system from manifolds back (doesnt fit well at all over rear wheel area)
need to see what people have done for the connection from end of headers to the exhaust system?
Would like to un cap but leave exhaust system in there so let me know what works please

Steve
Steve... here are the ones I made up when I had the Jardines on my car.. I’ll see if have the part number for the cutouts I used..
FC617898-4448-471D-A672-9845077BCD63.jpeg6E7E0F6A-370A-40A6-AEA4-0FF0CD2CB948.jpeg77AAEB8F-0B47-42A5-8973-027B9F4B7644.jpeg08966005-ECCD-4812-A92B-71F851FED67D.jpeg

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car is looking great Steve:beer We are just coming out of lock down, slowly but surely:coffee. I know you aren't running Stahl's, but this is what IExhaust D.jpgExhaust A.jpgdid with my exhaust for street/strip. I extended the 3 1/2" collectors with V clamps on the ends to unplug at the drags, reduced down to 3" X then down to 2 1/2" into large Flowmasters, works great, not to loud for the street either. :cheers