The Clintons; again or still??

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. I just finished reading a book "Contempt" written by Ken Starr. I'm probably the only one who hadn't read it. He was appointed a special prosecutor who investigated the Clinton's involvement in Arkansas politics, White Water, Vince Foster suicide, Monica Lewinsky, etc. Quite an interesting read. I knew about several of these things, but did know the depth of the Clinton's involvement. WOW, what a bunch of corrupt, dishonest and deceitful people, they both are. No surprises there, I guess. Whatever they could benefit from, they did. They used the government and it's resources to their complete satisfaction. How they got away with those things and to this day, continue down the same path without prosecution, I'll never know. They seem to have immunity to any wrong doing. I think Starr did an ok job with his investigation, but could have done much better. He uncovered much evidence of the Clinton's corruption in many area's, especially perjury, but declined to prosecute, citing the sitting President and First Lady's position. Baloney. That's the impression I got from the book. He should have persevered even more. Presented his evidence to a grand jury and let them decide if any charges were appropriate, regardless of who they are. No one is suppose to be above the law; at least in theory. Guess it doesn't work that way in practicality. Reminds me of Comey and what he said about Hillarious Clinton. He decided on his own that there wasn't anything criminal about her deeds and dismissed any arrest or prosecution. Whatever he had, should have been presented to a grand jury for review and possible indictment. He overstepped his authority. He played politics and she got another free ride. I'm glad he's gone. Got what he deserved. Ever notice how some investigations of the Clinton's, the investigators walk right up to their door, but never go in. I think the Starr and Comey investigations are examples of that. Coincidence?? Or maybe a thick coating of Teflon on their skin?? I couldn't be happier that she lost the election. Now what's left to do, is for them both to go back to Arkansas. We already have enough left wing liberals in NY, Carmine.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Average schmucks like us have no appreciation for safeguards our politicians have managed to build into the system to protect themselves. All the while they fein surprise and outrage. Drain the swamp, my fat ass. The most we will see from this administration is a trickle, although I had high hopes. The only solution I can see is term limits. I don't for a minute believe the framers of the Constitution intended any elected official to make a career out of it.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
And they'll continue too get away with it until the Great White Throne Judgement Day then its the end of the line.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Average schmucks like us have no appreciation for safeguards our politicians have managed to build into the system to protect themselves. All the while they fein surprise and outrage. Drain the swamp, my fat ass. The most we will see from this administration is a trickle, although I had high hopes. The only solution I can see is term limits. I don't for a minute believe the framers of the Constitution intended any elected official to make a career out of it.

You nailed that. It took me a few years, however I finally learned that BOTH sides are corrupt liars and criminals. Both sides do the exact same things when they can. Then when the opposite side is committing the offense, the other side often says nothing. Even when they have both houses like the Republicans did a few years ago, what did they do? NOTHING! The Republicans could have passed so much, however they chose not to. They most likely could have gotten rid of the affordable care act that was forced on people by the left and by the Supreme Court, but they didn't. And the list could go on. All the politicians seem to care about is getting paid and getting re-elected.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
103e83ac39baa73225f114610195988ff6a60ef50c070fae9b32f7779c28e536.jpg

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

I don't think it really matters Brodie once their in there in. Term limits would help some but when you have a pair of crooks like the Clinton by the time they got to Washington they were already well connected and to a lifetime of protection of the crooked things they did, and that's why I say I'd really be surprised if any of this goes anywhere with Barr investigating I hope I'm wrong.

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Three or four investigator's gathering evidence, and you never hear a peep, out of any of them. :dunno Fox keeps saying things are coming out. Where? If they do start bringing the crooks in, they'll plead the 5th. This shit will be in litigation for years.:doh Then, when the Lipitards get back the Presidency or the Senate, it will all get sweeped under the rug.:clean:pan

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah it does seem to go that way, they get before Congress then they plead the 5th and then their outta there and home before lunch.:facepalm

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Politicians are kinda like where I work. I have all the keys, control all the cameras, control all card access, and control all building security systems. What are you going to do? The only difference is if I do something wrong, I will go to jail and lose my job, the politicians have the support of the DOJ, Senate, house representatives, FBI, and whether you choose to believe it or not, because the other side will complain a little, they have the protection of the opposite side of the isle. So they will just get away with it.