The Dirty Shop

RussC

Well Known Member
T 28 is probably the pick... you can kind of afford to fly it. Had a friend with a T6. I had my chance to ride a 51 years ago. Had to drive 100 miles and pay $500 fuel bill. I didn't go...one of my regrets

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My ride was good bucket list bragging rights but honestly I didn't think it was all that much better than mine. Built by the same people on the same assembly line. Haven't tried it but supposedly the 28 can beat the 51 to 3000 feet.

RussC

Well Known Member
My ride was good bucket list bragging rights but honestly I didn't think it was all that much better than mine. Built by the same people on the same assembly line. Haven't tried it but supposedly the 28 can beat the 51 to 3000 feet.

Yep...you've got the right plane

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
T 28 is probably the pick... you can kind of afford to fly it. Had a friend with a T6. I had my chance to ride a 51 years ago. Had to drive 100 miles and pay $500 fuel bill. I didn't go...one of my regrets

Is the T6 is the Trainer model? Mary bought me a surprise ride in one for my birthday several years ago. They even let me fly it....WTF we're they thinking???? I've got pics somewhere. It was cool. Is the T6 the baby brother to the 51?

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Russ is the smaller one 30 gallons? The large ones are 45. I remember the day the Phillips 66 jobber brought these 2 lubsters to the sand pit 12x12 shop in 1964. Seems like yesterday.

RussC

Well Known Member
I'm not sure on the size. I've had these 30 years...with every intention of redoing them...I certainly understand..."it seems like yesterday "