The Doors

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
The Doors, an interior update

I finally decoded to fight the 98 degree heat and work on the car. I started my interior renovation with the dash and instruments, now I have moved onto the rest of the interior. I did the passenger door first, completely skinned it, lubed everything, replaced the water shield and painted the appropriate colors. On the Bel Air and Biscayne cars, Chevy painted the top of the door frame the color of the dash, and the rest of the door is of course body color. I used the Impala interior pieces from Classic Industries / PUI, and I guess I am kinda proud of the way it is turning out, even if I did do it myself.

Attachments

• Pass Door resto 001b.jpg
    Pass Door resto 001b.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Pass Door resto 004b.jpg
    Pass Door resto 004b.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 115

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Looking good to me too Bob! :clap I hope to be doing the same thing in the near future. I'm very interested in your progress. Keep us up to date with what's going on.

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
When I feel like the progress is too slow, I pull this up on my computer.
This is day one, March 2006: dead six cylinder, Flintstone floorboards and no seats!

Attachments

• interior small.jpg
    interior small.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 91

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
why did you decide to go with Impala door panels instead of the correct Bel Air panels?

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
I had no seats, and very little of anything else when I started, so I was watching ebay for anything.
I was able to get the complete interior, both seats, all door panels, carpet, package tray, arm rests, in the correct color, on ebay for $620. The guy paid Classic Indus. $1600, then sold the car before he did the interior!
All I had to do was get the correct sedan headliner and the vent panels, and I have a complete new interior.