"The" Homewrecker

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree if I could raise it up and make a smoother entry into the carbs it would only help. Just no room. I have an air filter that fits. Just need to make sure it will flow enough. That would break up the turbulence and smooth the air out. Or leave the lid off and seal it to the hood so it takes air from the ducts and scoop. Another option is put a divider in so one inlet feeds one carb. Likely try all 3 in a couple weeks.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I like the lifting brackets. Are they modified sbc, bbc or custom? What is the wire from head to head for?
Good luck at the dyno!
Jeff
The rear are sbc. The fronts may be bbc or a mix. Just stuff I had lying around. Not modified. The wire is just to ground both heads together. One head has a heavy ground going back to the battery. I like grounds. Lots of them.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I had it in the car running. Unfortunately it decided to spring a leak in an exhaust port. This head has hundreds of passes on it and it decided to let go idling. Unreal. So it’s time to find a free bbq, heat it to 500 degrees and braze it. Then have all the guides, seats, and surface. I still have to pull the rod on that cylinder and make sure it isn’t bent. It was idling fine. Long story short it hydraulic locked when I hit the starter to fire it up again. Bent one of the starter bolts and chipped a couple of ring gear teeth. On the plus side it never got any water in the oil so I guess it has good ring seal.IMG_0043.jpeg