The Impala Shop

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I finally moved out of my garage. Picked up the keys to the building tonight and will be moving in over the next couple of weeks.

The building is 4000 sq. ft. with a 1000sq ft showroom. I have a little bit of work that I need to do inside and found 2 Rotary 2-post 9000lb lifts that will be installed soon.

DSC01431Custom.jpg

DSC01419Custom.jpg

DSC01410Custom.jpg

DSC01408Custom.jpg

DSC01406Custom.jpg

DSC01395Custom.jpg

DSC01394Custom.jpg

DSC01387Custom.jpg

DSC01384Custom.jpg

DSC01377Custom.jpg

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian,

Looks like a great place to work on our X-frame.... I wish you the best and hope you soon have too much to do !!! :cheers:clap

Does this mean you will not be coming to Thompson ???:dunno:dunno

Bill

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Brian:

I wish you the best of luck!!!
Looks like a pretty good facility !:cheers

Ken .........................................................

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Reminds me of my shop before I started moving all my junk in.:coffee:
Good luck with the new business. What part of town are you in?

S

Swiss Impala

Looks as if there will be a lot of work during the next weeks.
You won't be bored! :D

Franz

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Congratulations Brian!! Remember this guys, we've just witnessed the birth of the next great custom build shop!! :cool::cool::cool: Don't be surprised if Brian turns up taking bows next to a Ridler Award winner in the near future! Then we can all say "I knew him when......" :clap:clap:clap

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Great looking place. It is really exciting isn't it. Keep us in the loop. Brian

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bow Great to see you did it and the best of luck with your business. Hey I still need a job if and when you hiring:roll

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congrats and hope you hit the ground running. Might give dad and I a better reason to go to Texas. Scott:cheers

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for all the great compliments guys! This is a venture I have been contemplating for quite some time, but never had the courage to finally bite the bullet and do it.

When I received the call that I got the building, my heart stopped and I was completely numb. Reality just hit me! All I could think was how am I going to be able to afford this place? Can I really pull this off? What the heck are you doing Brian? ..... It took me 4 hours to finally call back!

The building is located in Denton, TX right next to a major intersection of Hwy 380 and Loop 288. Although I would have preferred a more secluded location, this building suited my needs to a T, plus the price was right!

I have quite a bit of work to do and hope to get it done in the next couple of weeks so I can move in and get to work. I can't start anything until next week as I will be showing my '62 and Jerry's '62 at Autorama this weekend as part of the "409 Club" with Patt Lobb, who will be bringing a few of his 62 lightweight cars as well!

Dick- You are always so postive! Thank you so much! I can only dream about it!

And as for you Bob..... :evil:evil:evil ........:D:D:roll:roll

Oh, not sure about Thompson right now. I really do hope to attend, but it will be business first right now.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
good job

Congrats Brian. Roger and I were just talking about you and this move, wondering if you were going to make the big jump. Good luck to you.:cool:

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s