The Impala Shop

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
ahead to Feb 2025

Congratulations Brian!! Remember this guys, we've just witnessed the birth of the next great custom build shop!! Don't be surprised if Brian turns up taking bows next to a Ridler Award winner in the near future! Then we can all say "I knew him when......"

The year 2025........ as I sit in my rocking chair relaxing after spending the day changing a headlight on my Impala, my mind starts to wander (sort of like Phil's does now)........ and I'm telling car tales to my grandson.

.......... That car builder BT409, the one who is controlling all the car magazines, he actually BBQ'ed me a steak back in the day....... and we drank some sh!t that he called good wine.

:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll
Dave

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The year 2025........ as I sit in my rocking chair relaxing after spending the day changing a headlight on my Impala, my mind starts to wander (sort of like Phil's does now)........ and I'm telling car tales to my grandson.

.......... That car builder BT409, the one who is controlling all the car magazines, he actually BBQ'ed me a steak back in the day....... and we drank some sh!t that he called good wine. Dave

:evil:evil:evil:roll:roll:roll

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
.......... That car builder BT409, the one who is controlling all the car magazines, he actually BBQ'ed me a steak back in the day....... and we drank some sh!t that he called good wine.

:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll
Dave[/QUOTE]

Now that's some funny stuff right there !:roll:roll:roll

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Congratulations!

Brian:

That is a Big Step you just took and I congratulate you on your accomplishment!

Of course you know that I am super envious of all that space, and I could populate that square footage in a heartbeat with all the c$@p I have laying around here and there. Well, maybe not quite all of it...

A local car buddy of mine started out just two years ago with a big empty building, and now he has it chock full of neat cars and motorcycles. I suspect you will be the same in short order, but with customer cars.

We all wish you the best in your quest for success and the American Dream to own your own place and work for yourself :).

Cheers!
TomK

P.S. What's next on your wish list? Rotisserie? Lifts? Work benches? Spray booth? Is there anything you are not going to focus on?

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Way to go Brian. Good luck with your new adventure.:cheers

Time to find the biggest & vicious black guard dog around.
Since your so close to the highway.:D

As you know our car parts are on the $$$$$ side of the street.

Dave

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
hey brian

good luck and cong. on the starting of your new shop:clap:clap
if is scarry at first, but it will work out in the long run ( seems like it anyway )

I might have some equipment for sale in the near future, if you can use it
give me a call when you get your feet back on the ground:dunno

send me some work down hear, and I will send some your way ( if I hear of anything )

best of luck :cool::cool::cool:

roger

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks again guys! I am ready for this! Today I was just floating around while working on a 63. I sure could use that shop right this minute! Gotta wait to do some remodeling and then get a Certificate of Occupancy before I can move in.

Got a call today from the local newspaper. They want to interview me for entering the 2 - 62's into Autorama. Also received a call from Autorama's media firm and they want the local news to interview me as well. Can you say "FREE ADVERTISEMENT!!!" :) Not really sure how this happened, but I'm not complaining!

:crazy Yeah Droptop,when those two get started on wines:argue: It's a sight to behold.

You're right about that! I am a bit of a wine snob and had to get Dave to try some. We went to the local liquor store and picked up a bottle of Quintessa since I was out. Well, let's just say it was the wrong year! Dave still won't let me live that down!

That's ok, next time I will pull out a bottle of Far Niente from my collection!!!

Brian:

That is a Big Step you just took and I congratulate you on your accomplishment!

Of course you know that I am super envious of all that space, and I could populate that square footage in a heartbeat with all the c$@p I have laying around here and there. Well, maybe not quite all of it...

A local car buddy of mine started out just two years ago with a big empty building, and now he has it chock full of neat cars and motorcycles. I suspect you will be the same in short order, but with customer cars.

We all wish you the best in your quest for success and the American Dream to own your own place and work for yourself :).

Cheers!
TomK

P.S. What's next on your wish list? Rotisserie? Lifts? Work benches? Spray booth? Is there anything you are not going to focus on?

Thanks Tom! You're right, I do have a lot of space right now, but I'm sure it will get filled up pretty soon. I have 7 cars waiting right now. First 2 will be picked up the day I move in.

Since you asked, my wish list will be for work benches, spray booth and a blast booth. I have a rotisserie and was just given another one, along with a body cart and a bunch of other items. I also found a really good deal on 2 Rotary 9000 lb. 2 post lifts for 1800 each installed. They were removed from BMW of Dallas and are only 3 months old. They moved to a new location and bought all new lifts for it.

Another item I just bought is a Millermatic 252 welder. I got tired of working with that worn out Clarke 130EN I bought a few years ago.

hey brian

good luck and cong. on the starting of your new shop
if is scarry at first, but it will work out in the long run ( seems like it anyway )

I might have some equipment for sale in the near future, if you can use it
give me a call when you get your feet back on the ground:dunno

send me some work down hear, and I will send some your way ( if I hear of anything )

best of luck :cool::cool::cool:

roger

Thanks Roger! Let me know what equipment you will have for sale. I will let you know when I get something for you. :cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Congratulations Brain!!!! I can remember just like yesterday when I walked into my shop for the first day of business over 27 years ago and I did the same thing as you...........WTF am I doing here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll But it has been a great ride and met TONS of good people.

I know you have a showroom but caution............don't make it too comfortable or fancy. You will have a lot of people and friends who will want to stop by and visit!!! That's not good sometimes!!! Right now you need billable hours so be very protective of your time!!!! Melissa doesn't want you down there every night till midnight trying to make up time. On second thought.............maybe she does!!!!:roll:roll: But................I'll stop by on my next trip to Texas!!!!:roll:roll Maybe I'll get to meet Ray!!!

Best wishes and hope you know............that if I can do anything for you .....all you have to do is call.

BTW................want any inventory?????????????:roll:roll:roll

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Brian Way to go!!! Besides a few migrains, a slight nervous condition, and high blood pressure, there ain't nothing better than doing what you love and being your own boss. I know that if anyone will be a sucess-you will. I guess when I go to Houston to see my son, I'll have to change my schedule a little to come thru Dallas in the daytime. I will indeed stop by and see this monster in its infancy. Oh I don't want any of Dave's "S--T" wine, a Miller Lite will be just fine:cheers. Again, BEST OF LUCK and CONGRADULATIONS Mike

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:? Brian, on the lighter side with you working hard at this business we will need a new Border guard unless Phil is really lookung to return parts to Texas:roll:roll

61BISCAYNE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Brian,
Good for you!!! I must admit, I am a bit envious.
I wish you the best in your new venture. You definitely have
the ambition to make it work. Hopefully when I get my car pieced back together
I can make a drive down to see you and your new shop.
Danny

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian best of luck in all you do!!! The shop looks great and will have a great potential. once you get in and start working.I'm sure you'll be getting quite a few calls from the guys on the board who are close to your area.A good car shop is hard to find!!! John :clap :clap