The Phantom Wins!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We just got back from the Nosalgia Races at Grand Bend Raceway. We took first place in our class, (Nostalgia Hot Rod) In the final round we were up against a really tough 62 Chevy II. (in a perfect world there would always be two old Chevies in the finals):D We had a good light (.029) and ran 11.056 on a 11.04 dial in. It was just enough to squeek past by the width of a bumper at the finish line.:beerbang

By the way, we got the tunnel ram finished and installed. I'll post some pictures etc. tomorow but the short story is that it's faster by a couple of tenths and MPH is up a bit but it's a bit lazy at lower RPM's. I think it's going to work really well with a few small modifications.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 85

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations Jim, Great racing!! First place is something to celebrate. Not easy to do. Best of luck with the tunnel-ram. :)

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
WinnerWinnerWinnerWinner!

Great going you guys :clap , Just a tic away from 10s. I am still dialing the 60 in.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats!

Jim and Jim:

Congratulations on your accomplishments! Now I really wish I had made it to Clay City to see you and the car before you got so famous . With your recent victory and a bright future ahead, you'll most likely forget about us "little people" when you "go pro" :) :) :).

Always in jest,
TomK

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice Win Jim

Hey Jim
I was at Grand Bend last Friday helping a friend race his Vette....:D
I picked up a copy of PitBull (the Grand Bend newsletter) and there
you were listed as Nostalgia Hot Rod Champion........:bow :bow
and of course the car #409..........:cool:
Great job by you and your crew.......:clap

Let me know next time you're headed that way....I live close by now.

:cheers
bj

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Congratulations guys!!

What a memorable accomplishment. Many of us have followed the threads from the beginning. I'm sure that ALL who are aware of the planning and work that went into this also celebrate with you regarding the results of this challenge. :cheers

Looking forward to more of the "Phantom". Keep us posted guys! Any chance of getting a brief MPEG link posted re: future races?:cool:

Ron

OUTSTANDING, Jim!!!!:beerbang :cheers
Winning and looking good..... Not always possible:p ( IMAGINE being handed the trophy, while standing beside your 80's Mustang:roll )