The worst oil filter EVER!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Does anyone remember, LEE Oil Filters? A friend of mine, and myself, were working overtime, this particular winter night. When he started up his car, to leave, he noticed his oil pressure was low, very low.:dunno We were sitting there and then heard a weird pop noise, under the car.:eek3 Then, his oil pressure went to zero. He shut off the engine, and looked under the car, and noticed a puddle of oil, on the ground.:drop His Lee Oil Filter exploded. :eek1 I drove him over to NAPA, and he bought a new Purolator, and a couple quarts of oil. After the filter install, he was on his way. I had to listen to him, the next day, about these F**king crappy Chevrolet's.:rolleyes He was a Die Hard F**d guy. The Chevy God's, were Not good to him, the whole time, he owned this particular 1964 Impala.:teehee A few month's later, the Transmission, gave up the ghost.:doh Six month's later, he sold me the car, for $ 450.00.:clap

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I don't know, Carmine???? What I forgot to mention, the LEE filter looked like it was stuffed with Toilet Paper.:drop

El Rat

Well Known Member
The bastards still owe me 250.00! We won a national event and we had two fram filters on the car. However in one of the rounds a blower belt came apart and wadded up the side panel that had a bunch of stickers. So I took the other side panel off and went on about my business. The Ahra/ihra folks came by to verify contingency money via product decals. I showed them the wadded up side panel and they could see the filters on the car. Long story short I got a letter from Fram saying since I didn’t have their decal on the car they weren’t going to pay! Needless to say last time I ever used a fram filter!

Junky

Well Known Member
Does anyone remember, LEE Oil Filters? A friend of mine, and myself, were working overtime, this particular winter night. When he started up his car, to leave, he noticed his oil pressure was low, very low.:dunno We were sitting there and then heard a weird pop noise, under the car.:eek3 Then, his oil pressure went to zero. He shut off the engine, and looked under the car, and noticed a puddle of oil, on the ground.:drop His Lee Oil Filter exploded. :eek1 I drove him over to NAPA, and he bought a new Purolator, and a couple quarts of oil. After the filter install, he was on his way. I had to listen to him, the next day, about these F**king crappy Chevrolet's.:rolleyes He was a Die Hard F**d guy. The Chevy God's, were Not good to him, the whole time, he owned this particular 1964 Impala. A few month's later, the Transmission, gave up the ghost.:doh Six month's later, he sold me the car, for $ 450.00.:clap

How were you able to sabotage the car with his eyes on you all the time?:teehee

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Junky: You are gonna force me, to tell a long story.:confusedHe bought the car, with a 283. After a month or so, it started burning oil.:dohBeing that he drove 50 miles, to get to work, he decided it was time, for a more reliable engine. He picked up a Low Mileage 307.:clapDespite the Bad things, people said about the 307, this one was really decent.:appl It started every day, in the winter, was quiet, and got 19 MPG, on the highway.:clap A few month's down the road, the Powerglide started slipping.:teeheeThis is when, I became the victim, of the Ford vs. Chevy discussion. :roll It really got heated sometimes.:bang Most of the time, I could end the argument by saying, "you know so much about cars, why did you buy this Lemon".:laugh2Any way, he put about $ 200.00 in for a Rebuilt Tranny. It was screwed up, from the Get-Go.:doh It never shifted right. He brought the car back, to the shop 3 or 4 times and threatened to sue them. They Never fixed the Tranny, to his satisfaction.:dunno2 One day at work, after he finished his usual downgrade of GM, and Chevy, he said "he was gonna unload this piece of Shit":teeheeLet me know, I'll take it off your hands. A couple days later, he asked me what I wanted it for?:dunno I told him "just for parts". After a month or so, he told me "how much is it worth to you"? I don't know, Bill $200.00 He told me "give me $450.00" Deal:danceI didn't want to sound too happy, but I was.:applNO, this isn't, the end of the story.:rolleyes I told you, it was gonna be long.:doh I just happened to have another 64 Impala body, I was putting together for Dad. It was a 4 Speed SS. I picked up the body, a couple years earlier for $ 150.00 The body and interior were Perfect.:clap The bad thing, it didn't have PS. :dohWhen I got his car, I dropped the 307, and rebuilt Powerglide, into the SS. I had to get a SS auto floorshift, and drill the hole larger. It worked perfect. That car was Awesome:cloud My Dad worked, down in Albany, in a rough neighborhood, and got out of work late. When he arrived home one night, I noticed, the Pass Side vent window was smashed.:eek1 This was a few days after Christmas. New Years Eve, he calls me, and says "Skip, I can't find the car" I thought maybe, he was celebrating, and forgot where he parked it.:dunno Nope, it was gone.:cry We went to the Police station and reported it. They treated us, like we were the criminals.:bat After a few days , my wife and I found the car back down, in the city. SS Hubcaps gone, trunk jimmied open and looted. At least we found it.:clap More to come, Later.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Hello, Dave. Yeah, I was giving my fingers a Nap.:doh After my wife and I found the car, I was ready to fill up the two flat tires and jump the battery, and drive it home.:applAs we were filling up the tires, a Albany cop, pulls up, and asks me what I was doing.:dunno I had to tell him, it was stolen a couple days ago, and we just found it. He thought I was trying to steal it:dunno2The old saying "you can't find a cop, when you need one", apply's here. Anyhow, he tells us, we can't move the car, because it's still on, the Stolen Car List. The car will be picked up, with a Tow Truck, and taken to Dott's Garage, in Colonie. They were in no hurry though, because they didn't call me, for a couple days. :thudI had to pay $ 125.00 to get the car back.:bat Dott's Garage, had a contract, with the Albany Police. Next day we brought xtra oil, freshly charged Battery and two decent tires and wheels.:clap After I got the engine started, I noticed a loud ticking, under one of the valve covers. :dunnoSomeone, ran the Piss, out of it.:bang I was ready to pull the cover off, and check it out, but the ticking went away.:clap My Dad and my wife, road home in my 409 Conv. and I drove the 307 Hardtop. As I mentioned before, the car had Manual steering, but was easy to drive. Now, it wanted to pull to the right, while going in a straight line. We all made it home safely, and when the weekend came, I checked the whole car out. I replaced a bent Idler Arm, and a messed up tie rod end. I vacuumed the car out, changed the oil and filter, new plugs and points, and air filter. After that, the car was almost back to normal. A couple days later, Dad says "well is it OK, to take the car to work now?" Yes, it runs fine. A little scratched up.:doh He was really happy. He Loved that car.:cloud Not like driving my 409, where you had to put up with, the noise and the bad manners.:rolleyes He said to me, " I'll have to park in a different spot, from now on.:drop" I told him, Yes please.:pray A couple weeks later, I get a phone call from him "Skip, them Bastards stole my car again.:yikes:eek3 Same deal as before. We went to the Police station, and reported it. Next day, we took a ride, back down in the city, to find it. We spent an hour driving around. No luck, this time.:cryTwo weeks later, we get a call from the NYS Police, in Brunswick, NY. They found Dad's car.:clap I told the Trooper, my Father is gonna be Happy. He told me, he won't be happy, when he see's it.:dunno We took a ride out there, to this guys garage, and there was Dad's car, F-en Hammered on every side.:dropThe front end was so bad, the hood wouldn't open. The two doors barely opened. The trunk was smashed open. There was about 20 cars picked up, that night by Punks, and they were having a demolition derby with them. The guy told us, almost ALL were GM cars Buicks, Pontiac's and Chevy's. The garage owner asked us, if we wanted the car back.:laugh2My Father naturally said No.:dunno2 I did get to take the two Blue Buckets, the console, and the 5,000 RPM Tach and Hood. Sad Day,:cryblow for us both.