There's no justice

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
..I'm at home minding my own business and the attached car pulls into my driveway. Seems a good friend saw it driving down the street about a block away with a sign in the window. He pulled the guy over and bought it on the spot.

I think he was taunting me.

It's not a W, but it is a 283, 3 on the tree, 67000 original 1-owner miles. I drove it, everything works perfectly, the brakes, steering, clutch. tranny. everything. Original black lacquer with a little checking on the deck lid. No rust anywhere, It could use an exhaust gasket and a front seat cover.

I guess they are still out there...I just don't find 'em!

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 88

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
keep looking. some times you can't find any deals, other times there are so many you can't get them all!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Whoa! What a great find! Your friend must be doing the right things in the karma department.

1958 impala

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Looks like a winner hard to find a nice car with low miles.Im sure your friend will love the car those 58s have a way of fin ding the right person.:cheers

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
let's just say I don't think he overpaid, nor did he steal it.

I think if it had gone to Ebay or next week's Grafitti Night celebrations, it might have brought more just from the exposure.

He knows I am lying in wait if he decides he doesn't want to keep it. If he shows the least bit of buyer's remorse, I'll be on it.

Only problem with that is, the temptation would be to pretty much leave it alone. I could see it with new seat covers, dual exhaust and chrome rims and some detailing.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My old Biscayne Super Stocker was black so it is close, just needs a little chrome. I look at that picture with lust. Anything 58 is great and a find like that would be awesome. I hope he or you keep it and it should be kept close to original. You can add wheels and dual exhaust without hurting the originality of the car. Keep a close eye on him and don't let it disappear from the scene.:clap

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have a Biscayne and I prefer the Delray look. I had a Snowcrest White Delray in 61 and my buddy had a black one just like that only his was the 280 hp 3/2 version. That was one beautiful car in black, especially after he painted the interior Roman Red. Eventually he painted the whole car Roman Red just to make guys like Dick MacKenzie happy.:roll .

gbafus

Well Known Member
You just never know when you're going to find a sweet deal. I saw my '58 Biscayne on the Collector Car Auto Trader Online last July. It looked pretty decent in the pics. I took a huge gamble & bought it without seeing it in person:eek: :roll Had it shipped to my door. Yes, it has some"issues", but it's a solid rust free California car, so I'm pretty happy. A guy's gotta take a chance once in his life, right?:brow