This is just WRONG!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That does it, I'm going to make some adapter plates to bolt LS, Big block and small block chevy valve covers to 348-409 motors and see how they like it. Show up to LS fest and be like "What do you mean it isn't real?" Then demand to be let into their show exclusive show because I have a LS part on the motor. :roll:laugh2

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
i saw them at sema too!
how come there is more ss 409 cars now then there was ever built?
same isn't it? faux!

I agree with more 409 cars now than built, I have said it myself. However I believe there is a big difference between putting an actual 409 in a car that could have had one, and not lying about it, than putting 409 valve covers an engine that is not a 409 to make it look like one. Don't believe it is in the same category, however that is just my opinion. Maybe we should put some of 409 valve covers on a FE 428 in a 1967 Galaxy XL, or does it have to be a chevy motor :dunno Maybe on a 4 cylinder in an 87 Nissan Truck :dunno Where does it end. However, free country, people could and should do what they want. I just don't have to agree with it.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
I have a 2nd 409 engine (in parts at this time) and my good friend want's it for his nostalgic race project, I said NO!, then I won't have one. He does not call much anymore. Guess I should tell him to buy the cover adapters and make a fake09.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That does it, I'm going to make some adapter plates to bolt LS, Big block and small block chevy valve covers to 348-409 motors and see how they like it. Show up to LS fest and be like "What do you mean it isn't real?" Then demand to be let into their show exclusive show because I have a LS part on the motor. :roll:laugh2
I want a set of those to put those ugle LS cobers on my car so I can feel like I am part of the crowd at cruise nights

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I want a set of those to put those ugle LS cobers on my car so I can feel like I am part of the crowd at cruise nights
The cool part about that is you open your hood and people would look in and see the LS covers and keep walking because even the "in crowd" is tired of looking at them. I'll stare at a SBC for several minutes taking in all of the details and not waste half a second on an LS. Might as well be electric to me. 348-409 build will put some hair on your chest at a car show. A fake will only get laughs and pointing.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
A lot of us, are Senior Citizen's, that are Very much into Nostalgia.:appl We remember, the Good Times, and try to forget the Bad times. I guess you could say "we're set in our ways":rolleyes We know cars and engines, very well. We grew up doing them.:clap It was our Hobby, our jobs, and our life.:winner I watched people on YouTube yesterday, assembling a V 12 Bentley Engine, Trans, and frame.:appl Suddenly, I feel very Obsolete.:doh:(:hide

Last edited: