This old 409 went 4 rounds at Super Chevy

de31168

Well Known Member
Had a great time at Martin, Michigan despite on and off rain all day. Sorted through a few issues with the car but luck was on our side. Unfortunately it ran out in the 4th round when the opponent had a .004 light and i was late. I broke out but it didn't matter, the math was on his side.
20180624_104850.jpg

de31168

Well Known Member
That is an Awesome picture, but now I have to ask. How fast was it!!!!

The easy answer - not as fast as we'd like!

Had one time run which was not very good and went right into eliminations due to lengthy rain delays, had further delays during eliminations and the car was all over the map, which is unusual for it. I ran 10.16 @ 122 lifting early, a 10.15 @ 128 lifting early, and a 10.19 @ 131 not lifting at all. But it was turning on win lights so...

de31168

Well Known Member
Great runs!! I can see consistency there. My car would slow down 2 to 3 hundredths from morning passes to afternoon runs. We were fighting high humidity all weekend. That's a great working car you've got there.

Thank you very much! It's just not something we've been used to. It's not ALWAYS perfect but there are a lot of times it will repeat within .01 or so. If I can get equally consistent on the starting line we might do well. Included are some examples of runs from my run log. Also no worries about the thread hijack. 230 degrees? Psh that's just warming up!

Runs.jpg

And I have no idea how to make that picture bigger... great.