This Will Make You Look At That Tunnel

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I am blessed. For those of you that don’t know my story, I lost the brake peddle pivot pin at last years Dragway 42 Rock and race. When I pulled into the pit area after a 118 mph run. Pulling in to my pit area the brake peddle went to the floor. The cotter pin had dropped out of the pin. Just minutes before I had locked up the wilwoods at the end of the track after a hot run with Dave Coots. I saw the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
There is one benefit of an X frame.

For true. I was just getting my arm back in the car after giving Ray the Hayden Salute. I heard him locking up the tires to make the return road. I attribute the pin not falling out right then to Ray's clean living. Could have been a really bad deal.

I meant to post the quote below.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I am blessed. For those of you that don’t know my story, I lost the brake peddle pivot pin at last years Dragway 42 Rock and race. When I pulled into the pit area after a 118 mph run. Pulling in to my pit area the brake peddle went to the floor. The cotter pin had dropped out of the pin. Just minutes before I had locked up the wilwoods at the end of the track after a hot run with Dave Coots. I saw the end of the tunnel.

I meant to quote this. We are fortunate.

Last edited:

alaska gasser

Well Known Member
Years ago at a track in Canada, a wheel stander (Travelling the track with the front wheels in the air the whole time for anyone that hasn't watched one) was doing occasional passes at over 100 mph. He always came back up the track driving normally. When he was back near the starting line after making several passes that day, he lost the rear passenger tire. That timing was a definite blessing.