Thompson 2010 Comments.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
There you are !

Today is the first time that I have been able to get online to thank everyone involved for a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

Mike,

Glad to hear you made it home alright !!! :clap:clap I was wondering why we hadn't hear from you since Sunday. It was really great getting to spend some time with you and your wife. We have to do it again next year for sure, just don't know if I can make the trip with the car, again ??? :scratch Sure was a good time getting to run against you, that 58 is sharp and fast !!! Maybe next year, I'll change the spark plugs, before we run and I'll come out faster. I also need to work on not falling asleep during the lights !!! :roll:roll got to get a better nights rest, I guess. :cool::cool:

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Time for my 2 cents!! Not in an particular order.....................

Special THANKS to Mr. MacKenzie!!!:clap:clap:clap I had heard but.......... He showed up with his new car and my name on the front fender!!:dunno I REALLY appreciate that and owe him for it!! He did however have a negative comment however. As I walked over to his trailer on Sat. he informed me that as "his major sponsor" the trans now needed about a $1000 worth of repairs!!!:roll:roll We are in heavy negioations now. I just won't return his phones calls!!!!

My best SURPRISE was seeing DQ!!!! I was floored and so happy to see Jim!! I know he's been away for a while and it was bitchin' seeing him back!!!! Special THANKS to Don for helping make it happen!!!

I didn't get to meet a lot of members from seeing the posts of who were there!! Wished I could have wondered around more. Just too busy with my ole racin' buddy!!!!

Hayden's plane ticket was for early Mon. morning. So when the races were rained out on Sun., Candy & I took Hayden to the Rock & Roll Museum. He could walk around for about an hour and a half and enjoyed what he saw. On the way back to the hotel, he called his son Brad in CA. He said "son, I am getting chills just telling you what they did for me yesterday"!!!!:clap:clap I have heard this story about 3 times now. He just couldn't believe that so many people think so much of him after all these years. He has told be about 6 or 7 times now...that this was the best birthday party he has EVER had!!! Thanks for Stephen for the banner. I got it mailed to him yesterday so he can hang it up in his house. And a big Thank You to Ray for the birthday cake!!! And the sandwiches for Hayden and I and of course....for everyone else's lunch. I told both guys that I would pay for both items and I know I insulted both guys with my offer!!! Thanks again.......you both made Hayden's day a little more special.

Thanks to Jody Anderson for the tent idea!!! It was perfect. He called about 6 weeks before and suggested the idea. I said PERFECT and count me in!!! It sure made it easier on Hayden and I and made a great meeting place for everybody for lunch and the driver's meeting. We'll need to make that tent a mandatory item at ever Thompson!!

For me personally.........I love events like this!!! Just a GREAT bunch of guys to get togther and talk about a whole lot of common interests.......cars, 409's and politics!!!! DQ and I even got caught up!!!!!

THANK YOU Ray for everything!!! Can't wait for the next one!!!!:cool::cool:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Phil Thank you for arranging the Hayden phase of the weekend. Him and the car were a special event. I observed that the folks attending the races came over to visit with him and check out the 62. :cheers
robert
p.s. thanks for bringing a 348 mile marker as us jv engine members need a little recongnition

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hayden is definitely one of the coolest guys I have met in my lifetime! Did anyone else notice that no matter how long you wanted to talk to him he was interested in talking to you? Phil, thanks for providing the opportunity for all of us to meet Hayden! Chip, an old friend from years gone by was able to make the trip to Thompson. When we picked him up at the airport he had a bunch of memorabilia with him including some pictures a friend had taken in Washington back when Hayden was running the 62. Hayden autographed them all!

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree totally. He was so friendly and accommodating. When I asked him if he would sign my air cleaner on my 62 he said certainly and replied he would sign anything. I got him to sign the dash of the 55 too. Real class act and very interesting to talk to also. A real part of history.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hayden is definitely one of the coolest guys I have met in my lifetime! Did anyone else notice that no matter how long you wanted to talk to him he was interested in talking to you? Phil, thanks for providing the opportunity for all of us to meet Hayden!

One of a kind guy!!!!!:bow Our hero!!!:clap
I am so thankful to Don for making this trip happen!!
I owe him BIG TIME and will make it up to him somehow and someway!!
THANKS DON !!!:cheers

What is so amazing is that we all met on this site and became friends that we will travel half way around the world to get together over a common bond, our cars and friendship!!!
When people ask me where I went and why they are flabbergasted at what we have done and how it all begun and happened.
We have two people to thank that really started this whole thing,,,

Bob, for starting this site and Phil, for bringing us together for the first time at the Convention !!!None of this would have ever happened without them!! :cheers:clap

So far in my life there are two real occasions that stand out and are very special moments for me...
The Convention and Thompson,,,

I thank all of you for being my friends and making these times special for me!!

I'm sure my friends here at home wonder why I can't stop talking about all of you and my trip.

Thanks again,,,,:hug

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim, Your appreciation for the event is what we all feel. I can;t imagine missing one. We have so many members that give it some thought, then decide against going because of time and expense. I think you would agree that it is worth every bit of the time and expense to bite the bullet and show up. We only go around once in life and the memories made during a 348-409 get-together are memories that stay with us forever. I hope we can influence others to show up for their first time and experience " the good times". :):)

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think you would agree that it is worth every bit of the time and expense

I think that everyone would agree as far as time and money invested in travel to Thompson I'm at the top of that list. For those who are not sure I'll tell you that it was worth every penny. After flying to Thompson in 2009 I decided I would be back with the car............ because it was different !! As all of you I have been to car shows & race track events all of my life............ none compare to the group of people on this forum........
It truly is worth the time & money............ until you have been there you probably believe it's like any other car event............. take a chance and come next year you will be totally surprised.

Dave

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Like Dave, I believe we are next on the list as far as time and money invested in the trip to Thompson, and worth every penny as well. I know that both Linda and I had the time of a lifetime !!!! :cool: We also attended the 2009 event without a car and enjoyed it so much, we said next year we have to have a car here !

Can't say enough about the group as a whole and to those who went the extra mile to bring something special or make arrangements a special thanks. :cheers:clap If you have never attended, then you don't know how much you are missing. Just the oportunity to meet and make friends with everyone is worth the trip, and I still didn't get to talk with everyone there. I know Cecil was there and I start off to talk with him three or four times and never made the connection, well maybe next year ?

Having Hadden there was a real special treat for me. As others have said, he is a special guy, willing to talk for hours. Wished I would have had more time to spend with him also.

We'll plan to attend next year, so you "Old fools" watch out. I found a web site where I can practice my reaction time so I'll be alot faster this time !!!!! :roll:roll

Thanks everyone
Bill and Linda

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Like Dave, I believe we are next on the list as far as time and money invested in the trip to Thompson, and worth every penny as well. I know that both Linda and I had the time of a lifetime !!!! :cool: We also attended the 2009 event without a car and enjoyed it so much, we said next year we have to have a car here !

Can't say enough about the group as a whole and to those who went the extra mile to bring something special or make arrangements a special thanks. :cheers:clap If you have never attended, then you don't know how much you are missing. Just the oportunity to meet and make friends with everyone is worth the trip, and I still didn't get to talk with everyone there. I know Cecil was there and I start off to talk with him three or four times and never made the connection, well maybe next year ?

Having Hadden there was a real special treat for me. As others have said, he is a special guy, willing to talk for hours. Wished I would have had more time to spend with him also.

We'll plan to attend next year, so you "Old fools" watch out. I found a web site where I can practice my reaction time so I'll be alot faster this time !!!!! :roll:roll

Thanks everyone
Bill and Linda

Bill,
You were having too much fun. :cool:Just didn't seem right to interrupt you.;)
You can put me on your schedule for next year.:coffee:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I express those thoughts also Jim and would like to add Brian bringing "The Colony" up on wheels with the Texas barbeque equipment was memorable. Gave me a good place to store the cakes:clap:clap
robert