Thompson 348/409 event 2020 Is on September 11-12th

Junky

Well Known Member
Barry.... we are all praying for you, however, just remember, that when they say that they can fix it, get it done. It isn't going to get any better with time. I don't regret any medical procedures that I had done, but I did regret them for the first few days after they were done. Knowing what I know now about some of the procedures, I would still do them again, if it were necessary. I have to agree with you about the way that doctors drag things out nowadays. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and he suggest that the pain in my thumb might go away given enough time, and scheduled another visit in 8 week. It has been getting worse for the last 8 weeks, so I have no reason to believe that it is going to get better. All my other doctors would do the surgeries upon confirming that they were necessary. My last surgerym they found the problem on Thursday, I saw the surgeon on Friday, and the surgery was done Wednesday morning. I was out of the hospital on Sunday. Will be sending good vibes your way.. Junk

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks guys for all your encouragement. I’m gonna do whatever the doc says. I’m just pissed about missing this race. I was halfway thru my wiring the car on Saturday and then Sunday morning the hand and wrist all but quit working “swollen” and painfull. Anyway I’m preying for a safe race and it gets done with good weather. I’ll be waiting for results and pictures. Regards, Barry

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thanks guys for all your encouragement. I’m gonna do whatever the doc says. I’m just pissed about missing this race. I was halfway thru my wiring the car on Saturday and then Sunday morning the hand and wrist all but quit working “swollen” and painfull. Anyway I’m preying for a safe race and it gets done with good weather. I’ll be waiting for results and pictures. Regards, Barry
Just make sure your Dr. is not a “QUACK!” Lol.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Ray, he is working miracles for my wife. Take care my friend and get feeling better. I hope I see you on the 11 & 12th. Mark

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Remember Barry, they're just practicing....:juggle

Oh, and I loaded up the Crusher today. Rain here starting tonight and for Tuesday and Wednesday. Hoping I have things ironed out so I can come to Ohio and beat up on it.......:burnout:burnout:burnout I've got all winter to get another engine built.....:guitar:flag:woohoo:disco1 I've got some dusty chips I'm gonna use......:drop

We need more racers. Bryan works hard to organize these events and get a purse rounded up. We at least need a full field. Even if you don't have "a race car" bring it out and enjoy the comraderie.........:dunno2

Last edited:

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Lets get some more on the list!!! Payout is $650! $300 to winner $200 to runner up and $75 each to semi finalists. I will also have one entry I will be randomly selected out of a hat prior to the race on Saturday ( which would be a refund to your paid racer entry). If we don't have the 16 carsfor the payout I'll have to renogiate at the track. Ken will work with us but it also has to work for him.
1 James Harrison 1962 impala
2 Ricky Ingrham 19861 Biscayne
3 Scott Hall 1962 Impala
4 Bryan Fugate 1963 Impala
5 Gordy 1962 Impala
6 Bob Kapatchko 1962 Impala
7 Tom Geib 1962 Impala
8 Denny Ford 1962 Biscayne
9 Shan Daley 1962 Biscayne
10 Dave Coots 1964 impala “The Crusher”
11 Valerie and Jim McCombs 1962 Impala
109051688_613632209274687_8507732605915452291_n.jpg