Threaded fuel filter

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Does anybody make threaded fuel filter with a return line? I really don't want to install the glass bowl filter made by Shaffer. I see plenty of hose connection filters, trying to do this with solid tubing. I disconnected my return line when I bought the car and seem to have a vapor lock problem ever since. Hoping reconnecting will fix it.

427John

Well Known Member
That looks like the one pontiac used back in the mid sixties,if so it should be a perfect choice.Find a clamp bracket to bolt down somewhere and it will look factory.The ones I've seen look similar to a coil bracket.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Newer threaded FI type would work too. Theyre maybe 1.5"-2.0" dia. If you wanted to use one of those hide it inline under the car.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I guess I don't understand how that flows. Obviously the large line flows from tank to carb, but a small single line goes to tank, so would that be excess back to tank?

Junky

Well Known Member
1962-1964 Corvair Spyder fuel filter. A couple of months ago, they were $25 each, and the fellow had about 100 of them. Now, that they are gone, the price has gone through the roof! www.corvair.com has them for $34.95 plus shipping. Part #C8. You will also need the flared fitting to go into the end of the filter.

GF99a.jpggf99b.jpggf99c.jpg

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Thanks Junky, I actually found one today in a box of carb parts that I didn't even know i had.
GF 432, even has the fittings, now I'm waiting on the return line from Showcars, should here Monday or Tuesday.

427John

Well Known Member

427John

Well Known Member
Having just learned today that the Z-11 used the GF-90 fuel filter that is what I will use since my application won't need a fuel return line,I will fab my fuel lines to accomodate this filter.