Thunder Valley Pictures !

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I`m getting a little caught up on the work I had to do as soon as I returned from the convention so I`ll try and post pictures as the time allows.

For the few lucky ones that made it to Thunder Valley Drag Strip these will bring back memories,,, as for the rest of you you really missed out on one of the high lights of the convention !!

1- Tower and Track
2- Track
3- Denny Ford (div1racer) and Allen George (blue Screamer)
4- My car and Crew Chief, Don "the Tuner" DeWiever (dond409)
5- Denny and Allen, WOW what a launch !!

Allen`s Blue Screamer Launches and runs down the track like the old days, front up and rear down !! Tooo COOL !!

Denny`s car launches like the new style !!!
Both cars launch HARD !! and are a blast to watch !!

Both Denny and Allen are great to be around and eager to help you and share infomation.

Then there`s Don,,,,, WHAT a guy !! Did some tuning on my car and got it to scream !!
I call him the "Crew Chief" because he helped everyone in the pits and staging
,,,, dq

Attachments

• Resize of Track and Tower bright.jpg
    Resize of Track and Tower bright.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Resize of Re-exposure of Track.JPG
    Resize of Re-exposure of Track.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Resize of Screamer Denny burnout.JPG
    Resize of Screamer Denny burnout.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Resize of Re-exposure of me tower.JPG
    Resize of Re-exposure of me tower.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 111
  • Resize of Denny Allen Launch crop.jpg
    Resize of Denny Allen Launch crop.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 98

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
More,,,,,,,

1- The bleacher before they filled up !!
2- the Mustard III car and the cop car ( no ticket, just a warning)
3- The Mustard launch
4- My car coming out of a bunout ( Hoosiers don`t smoke much)

The Mustard is ONE BAD CAR !!! Gotta go,,,, taking the 62 to the drags to see what she will do at sea level 1/4 mile !!! Don? :D ,,,dq

Attachments

• Resize of Bleacher.JPG
    Resize of Bleacher.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Resize of Mustard and Cop Car.JPG
    Resize of Mustard and Cop Car.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Resize of Mustard Launch best.JPG
    Resize of Mustard Launch best.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Resize of My burnout.JPG
    Resize of My burnout.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 88

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
sea level times

Jim,

I hope you got the line lock in. Don't touch anything!! You might stiffen the spring on the air blades a touch. Try 2 degrees more timing, but no more. I'm thinking 12.50's @ 110. That's a stretch with the 4.56's If it doesn't nose over before the lights. I was talking with Region Rat at the convention and he runs 5.13's and runs in the 11's

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
5.13's

I think the 4.56's are a little low, But dq's car seems to like rpm. Maybe 4.88's would be better. We'll see what happens after tonights runs. I have 4.11's in the wagon, but I haven't run it with them in yet this year. Also have a 28' tire. Dq's is a 27" street et tire. Seem to hook pretty hard.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
With 27"tires and 5.13 gears won't dq be going through the traps at 7 grand? that seems like alot of RPM'S for a 409 just to get into the 11's :dunno

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Drags

I'll tell you, that picture of The Blue Screamer and Denny leaving the line just about brings tears to the eyes. So neat. I WANT TO PLAY, TOO. Damn I wish I had gone up there. But, I would have come home with my tail between my legs, too. I don't think those guys would have had any mercy on me. I could claim Senior rights, but Allen would have beaten me out. But only by 2 months!!!!! I saw the film clip of their run, and they both look plenty fast. I have seen Allen run, and I know he is quick. I might be trying to join the wrong ball game! Gonna try, though.

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
JimKwiatkowski said:
With 27"tires and 5.13 gears won't dq be going through the traps at 7 grand? that seems like alot of RPM'S for a 409 just to get into the 11's :dunno

Dang close !!! I was at the red line ,6800 crossing the traps Friday.
I think I`ll up the rev limiter to 7000 next time out.
I think the low mph could be from short shifting but really don`t know.
Nitrous? heeee heeee,,,, dq

PS,,, this is the link to all the Thunder Valley pictures,
Thunder Valley Pictures

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Awesome!

Great shots, great firends, great cars.

I didn't realize DonD was such a tuner! I should have thanked him for helping me load all that stuff in my minivan (along with DQ, Aaron, TomO and TMRacing :)

Maybe next year I will have a car there he can help me dial in :)

Cheers!
TomK

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
More Pictures of my car,,, thanks to Verne Frantz,,, :D

Attachments

• Resize of DQ.start.1.JPG
    Resize of DQ.start.1.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Resize of DQ.60'+.JPG
    Resize of DQ.60'+.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Resize of DQ.halftrack.JPG
    Resize of DQ.halftrack.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 63

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thunder Valley

That is one cool looking ride. Looks just like I remember them, too. Nice car, DQ. Just wish I had gone up there.

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
More photos from Verne Frantz (and yes I finally spelled his name right) sorry Verne !! :D

Denny and Allen. These are good shots that show the difference in launch stance between the two,,,,

1- Allen , Blue Screamer burnout with DonD "pit boss" (white shirt)!!

2- Allen and Denny going at it !!!

3- Denny Launch ( see the air under the tires?)

4- Denny and Allen on the scales

Attachments

• Resize of Allen.burnout+.JPG
    Resize of Allen.burnout+.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Resize of Allen.D.Ford.time.2.JPG
    Resize of Allen.D.Ford.time.2.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Resize of D.Ford.launch.JPG
    Resize of D.Ford.launch.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Resize of Resize of Resize of Allen.D.Ford.scales.JPG
    Resize of Resize of Resize of Allen.D.Ford.scales.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 70

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Please God, I won't swear anymore (not the G or F words anyway) and I'll do the dishes more often and go to bed earlier and not run that stupid damn (that's only a D word - not on the list) stop sign at the end of my street anymore, clean my office (THAT'S bigger than it sounds - but you already know that being God and all), I'll quit making gorilla sounds in the bushes when the neighbor kids are sleeping out in their tent and pay more attention to my wife that let's me be so crazy, if you will just let us get together next year and play and race at Thunder Valley again. And thanks for the most fun I have had since my knees and shoulder and jaw and wrist didn't hurt and I didn't worry about having to pee before getting through the staging lanes. And since I actually miss these guys, make it so they can be there too. And take it easy on Aubrey so he has a straight road and smooth shifting there and back.

(P.S. Please make my truck so it won't break again and I can take my car to the race track next time.)

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thunder Valley

Michael, you say the word, and we will be there. Missed it last time, never again. They had too much fun.
Phil, you got to get going on next year. The shirts and hats will go there. Let's get started. HUH, Phil, Huh? Please, Phil. Pretty Please?
Hey, just count on it Michael, he's gonna do it again. Had too much fun.
BTW, was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Just wanted you to know that.

Fred

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
seriously guys,

Even if nothing big happens in KC next year, we should get together in Bethany. There are a couple of Hotels there and it wouldn't need to be anything fancy, just us little guys getting together to B.S. and have some fun at the drag strip. It's a long way for some of you guys, but it sounds like you're willing! I'd like to bring my, will be, 6 year old son along next time. If the track planned for us ahead of time I'm sure they could handle the extra cars. It sure was nice of them to put those Links on their wed site! :clap NUT