Time for gun control

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
2526462dfbd5a63413b1611155a7b52dd3f4eb1e320bdf9896e49f37978192aa.gif

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Va. gov anti-gun Bloonburg diks dikking with Sanctuary city cops that was backing the protesters .

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Its just a matter of time before they come a knocking as long as we have these nut jobs roaming about.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...an-built-guns-from-mail-order-parts/23935700/

Mark
That article is typical of how ignorant news people implant the idea in everyones mind that you can mail order parts to build guns. Yes you can mail order all the parts EXCEPT for the most important one, the receiver the part that bears the serial number. It is like the engine block of an engine, the most important part. That piece can only be bought or transfered from a licensed FFL dealer, no other way around it. The media and news people don"t care how sloppy they are reporting bad information because it is there agenda to soften public opinion for more gun control, eventually banning the 2nd Amendment altogether. That will be the end to a free society and the end to our GREAT country!!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One of my ex coworkers would talk incessantly how he purchased lower receivers for AR 15's without serial numbers. You did have to machine them, however they included a jig that could be done on a drill press, and I believe a hand drill.

bobs409

Administrator
The "media" is the first thing that needs fixed in this country! They need to be held accountable for EVERY SINGLE WORD THEY SAY!!!

Report the truthful FACTS or be heavily fined and if it continues, shut down!!!!!! Sick of the brainwashing. Why do we have to have all this BS anyway??? Why can't we make this country the best it can be? Use that hateful energy for good for a change? Wow, I must be dreaming... :sleep3

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
One of my ex coworkers would talk incessantly how he purchased lower receivers for AR 15's without serial numbers. You did have to machine them, however they included a jig that could be done on a drill press, and I believe a hand drill.
Yes you can buy what they call an 80% receiver that has the last most difficult 20% left for you to machine but you better have a federal manufactures license to complete it as that would considered manufacturing a firearm. Also if that receiver is completed without a serial number it is a felony to possess as any firearm manufactured after the 1968 Gun Control Act are required to have. Anyone that posses a fair level of machining knowledge could manufacture a firearm but that docent make it legal.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes you can buy what they call an 80% receiver that has the last most difficult 20% left for you to machine but you better have a federal manufactures license to complete it as that would considered manufacturing a firearm. Also if that receiver is completed without a serial number it is a felony to possess as any firearm manufactured after the 1968 Gun Control Act are required to have. Anyone that posses a fair level of machining knowledge could manufacture a firearm but that docent make it legal.

I constantly told him that I didn't believe he could build it in California and be legal. He argued constantly that there is no law saying he couldn't. In fact he kept saying something about a citizen has the right to manufacture 1 gun a year for personal use or something, and according to him, he did at least machine the lower as he claimed he slightly messed up on one part but it would not stop it from working. I have never seen it, so I cannot confirm that he actually did it. :dunno

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I constantly told him that I didn't believe he could build it in California and be legal. He argued constantly that there is no law saying he couldn't. In fact he kept saying something about a citizen has the right to manufacture 1 gun a year for personal use or something, and according to him, he did at least machine the lower as he claimed he slightly messed up on one part but it would not stop it from working. I have never seen it, so I cannot confirm that he actually did it. :dunno
Under Federal Law he is right about a citizen being able to manufacture ONE gun a year for personal use ONLY (not for resale) but it is required to bear a serial number, also he is required to keep records of that firearm he built just as any gun manfacture is required to do. If he is in the state of California he is required to comply with all laws there in which I am unfamiliar with and there are many. Like I said above it is a felony to have in your possession any firearm manfactured after 1968 without a serial number or a obliterated serial number even if you were not the one to obliterate it. As far as buying an incomplete receiver the government does not consider it firearm until it goes beyond that 80% complete level that is why he can mail order it, but like I said it takes some level of machining skill and the proper equipment to do that. Only federal licensed manufactures and federal licensed dealers can make and resell firearms for profit.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Under Federal Law he is right about a citizen being able to manufacture ONE gun a year for personal use ONLY (not for resale) but it is required to bear a serial number, also he is required to keep records of that firearm he built just as any gun manfacture is required to do. If he is in the state of California he is required to comply with all laws there in which I am unfamiliar with and there are many. Like I said above it is a felony to have in your possession any firearm manfactured after 1968 without a serial number or a obliterated serial number even if you were not the one to obliterate it. As far as buying an incomplete receiver the government does not consider it firearm until it goes beyond that 80% complete level that is why he can mail order it, but like I said it takes some level of machining skill and the proper equipment to do that. Only federal licensed manufactures and federal licensed dealers can make and resell firearms for profit.

I am not sure of many of the things he has said about obtaining the parts. Several of us told him there is no way he can have a weapon legally without a serial number, especially in Califas home of de liberal. However on this subject, he knew it all, knows it all, and even in the face of documented proof, like a liberal, he ignores or denies its existence. The one thing I do know, is that this guy has absolutely "no" machining skills.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I am not sure of many of the things he has said about obtaining the parts. Several of us told him there is no way he can have a weapon legally without a serial number, especially in Califas home of de liberal. However on this subject, he knew it all, knows it all, and even in the face of documented proof, like a liberal, he ignores or denies its existence. The one thing I do know, is that this guy has absolutely "no" machining skills.
Perhaps this is the one case where being stupid will be painful :pray

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I thought about going the Ghost Gun route with the 80% receiver because I didn't want to go into their system because I don't trust them. But I got tired of going to gun shows and seeing something I wanted but couldn't buy it because of this reasoning and then one day I just said the hell with it and did the background check thing. My FFL thinks I'm nuts about my distrust of our people in Washington and what's funny he is a Democrat I asked him aren't you guys suppose to be anti-gun.

These stupid Dems when they're on the gun warpath like they are right now and they say we have to have background checks and when they say this I would just like to smack the ever loving crap out of them because you can't buy a gun at a gun show ( except for private owner) or on line unless you go through a Damn background check.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought about going the Ghost Gun route with the 80% receiver because I didn't want to go into their system because I don't trust them. But I got tired of going to gun shows and seeing something I wanted but couldn't buy it because of this reasoning and then one day I just said the hell with it and did the background check thing. My FFL thinks I'm nuts about my distrust of our people in Washington and what's funny he is a Democrat I asked him aren't you guys suppose to be anti-gun.

These stupid Dems when they're on the gun warpath like they are right now and they say we have to have background checks and when they say this I would just like to smack the ever loving crap out of them because you can't buy a gun at a gun show ( except for private owner) or on line unless you go through a Damn background check.

Mark

Mark, I could be wrong about this, however I don't think the majority of democrats are anti gun. I do think most to all wack job liberals are anti gun. And I think there are democrats that are very so called anti gun and assault type of weapons ( idiots think if I put a pistol grip on a shot gun its a war weapon now :wtf ) I think you hear and see key democrats claiming to want to stop certain weapons and large capacity magazines mostly for political reasons. They will rant and rave all the time, and I believe some are against. Gun ownership in America seems to cross party lines for the most part. I believe that is why the wack jobs on the left don't go straight out and try and take them. They know that moderate American democrats will not give up their weapons neither. I know some pretty left leaning democrats that have weapons and they are giving them to anyone. Just some thoughts. :dunno

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1

Mark
You are right the only guns that can be sold without a background check are private sales, but if you are selling as a private seller for PROFIT that requires a FFL. People who go to gun shows and buy firearms from an individual with the intent to resell it for more money without an FFL are breaking federal law. You can only sell your personal firearms if your intent is not to make money but you don't want it any more or upgrading, something along those lines. The ATF hangs out at gun shows all the time trying to spot people who try and sell firearms without a background check, this type of sale is what is referred to as the LOOPHOLE crap they are always talking about. Every state is different on regulating these types of sales but in most there is no regulation on selling your personal firearms. Myself I would NEVER sell one of my firearms to anyone that I don't know very well (brother or best friend) unless it was transferred through a licensed dealer. Private sales have always been legal, ALL other sales since 1968 are required to be executed only through a licensed dealer (an FFL). There is no such thing as a mail order or internet sale where the fireman is shipped directly to an individual, it has to be shipped to a dealer where the buyer has to go have a background check done to take possession. It is also illegal for any individual to ship any firearm unless he is shipping it back to a manufacture for repair, only licensed dealers can ship firearms.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You are right the only guns that can be sold without a background check are private sales, but if you are selling as a private seller for PROFIT that requires a FFL. People who go to gun shows and buy firearms from an individual with the intent to resell it for more money without an FFL are breaking federal law. You can only sell your personal firearms if your intent is not to make money but you don't want it any more or upgrading, something along those lines. The ATF hangs out at gun shows all the time trying to spot people who try and sell firearms without a background check, this type of sale is what is referred to as the LOOPHOLE crap they are always talking about. Every state is different on regulating these types of sales but in most there is no regulation on selling your personal firearms. Myself I would NEVER sell one of my firearms to anyone that I don't know very well (brother or best friend) unless it was transferred through a licensed dealer. Private sales have always been legal, ALL other sales since 1968 are required to be executed only through a licensed dealer (an FFL). There is no such thing as a mail order or internet sale where the fireman is shipped directly to an individual, it has to be shipped to a dealer where the buyer has to go have a background check done to take possession. It is also illegal for any individual to ship any firearm unless he is shipping it back to a manufacture for repair, only licensed dealers can ship firearms.

That was quite a few years ago when I bought off of a private owner so things might have changed since then but there was none of this that took place I paid the guy and took the piece.

Mark