Tip of the day: Exhaust hangers

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
On my car, I have a custom built 3" exhaust that dumps just in front of the rear axle. The other day, my car was warming up in the garage and I took the garbage out. I was far enough away from the car to notice the driver's side pipe was wiggling all around. Hmm. Take a peek and sure enough, the rubber exhaust hanger had split and the pipe was hanging by a little piece. Good ol Made in China rubber. Frustrated that these only lasted a couple years I started looking around online for a better replacement. Urethane or something along those lines. Nothing obvious. In my searching, I stumbled on a US Company called Kartboy that makes these hangers out of urethane for import performance cars. Hmm. Their dimensions are in metric. Big deal. Took my broken one, measured the hole center-to-centers and ordered a pair up. Just got done installing them. VERY nice quality! Very hard material. Should last a long time if not forever!
1002-07-kb-011xl-12mm.jpg

Make sure you take into account the bolt sizes on your hangers. Mine are 9/16" so I went with the 12mm holes. Standard length so the exhaust tucks nice and tight to the floor. Here is the Ebay ad I found for them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301050368143?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT