Tires

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
For those that are running radial white walls on their car, what size tire are you running? I've got 215/70/14s and I think they are just a little too small. Now that I've put new springs in and the car sits higher, they look really small! My friends have 215/75/14s and they are about 1-1.5 inches taller than mine. And that leads me to what I really need, a taller tire to decrese my RPMs on the highway. I have a 3:36 rear end. I kind of like the look of larger tires but I need to keep the 14" wheels and also have a whitewall. Any suggestions?
Ross

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Ron,
You guessed right! Actually, I'm the ISU graduate, now! I'm living in Des Moines and I work for UPS. I'm glad you found this website!
Ross

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ross
I have the F-78 Goodyear Power Streak II tires on my car. In the 60's ....there was no size thing as it is today. I still have the bias tires....and after driving it for a while, they do not do the job as a radial. I am converting over to radial soon. But to keep the original look the smaller tire is the key. You can go to the larger tire...that's up to you an acquaintance is running on his 62 - 09 car is............. Front wheels are 15 X 7 Corvette Tally's with 215-R-15 BF Goodrich radial Ta's. Rear wheels are 15 X 8 Corvette Tally's with 275-R-15 BF Goodrich radial TA's....

To each his own...as long as it is safe

Not to jack the thread.......while we are on the subject of tires. Is there other places other than Coker to purchase Classic car tires?

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I did check their site out and they mentioned about storing tires leaning against each other...do not do

But I am looking for black wall and no RWL turned inside out......BW's are hard to find