To all my Republican Friends

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Key House Republican Priorities Part of Education Budget The FY 2022 Education Appropriations bill appropriates $970,357,588 in FY22 in General Fund dollars for the Department for the Blind, the College Student Aid Commission, the Department of Education, Community Colleges, Vocational Rehabilitation, Iowa Public Television, and the Board of Regents. This is an increase of $24,431,888 over Estimated FY 2020. This budget positively impacts children from birth all the way through higher education. Not only have House Republicans made education the top priority through funding, but also through making sure parents and families have a voice in their child’s education. School boards more interested in politicizing classroom instruction no longer can ignore parents and indoctrinate students with their preferred political beliefs. Schools will be held accountable for attempting to indoctrinate our children. The Department of Education will have new oversight over these schools partnering with parents who now have the tools at their disposal to take charge of their child’s education

Go Iowa.......the rest of you had better catch up on this crap............

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Once in a while we just have to stand back in awe of our government.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever - to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson on irony.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Once in a while we just have to stand back in awe of our government.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever - to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson on irony.
Animals are smart enough not to sh¡t where they eat.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Every piece of proposed legislation should require answers to the following:

Does this Bill comply with the constitution?

How much will it cost?

Where will the funds come from?

Who will be the benificiarie(s) of this legislation?

If passed, this law will automatically expire on day/month/year unless previously repealed or specifically extended by majority vote of both houses of Congress.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
They also need to let the taxpayers know what's in every proposed bill (between the lines as they say) they vote on , no BS something that the layman can read and understand without the aid of one of those ambulance chasers! There's something that's just wrong and unsettling to me anyway of how long it takes to get past the lawyers section in the front of the yellow pages.:read

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Do they even print Yellow Pages anymore, I haven't seen one of those in years.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Wait, are we still talking about a phone book? :rub :dunno :mock

Yeah is this case Bob I'm talking about the phone book however I have found other things. Like once I went out to get the mail and found a pony's head wedged against the driveway culvert it was leftover from the previous nights party when a pony got loose and got

splattered on the road. The fire dept. hosed down the road that night but they evidently weren't following the pony's build sheet when picking up pieces parts hence leaving the head for me to find imagine my surprise when I found this pony head staring at me!

Mark

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Check this out. Included in the proposed "Infrastructure Bill" is a proposal to tax vehicles based upon the mileage driven. The bill is supposedly intended to establish a baseline to discourage usage of your vehicles in order to improve the environment.

I call "BS"! The loonies living in NY City don't even drive. Living in the Texas hill country means it is a 60-mile round-trip to the store for me.

Another example of our rights being taken away, one piece at a time.

https://www.westernjournal.com/hidd...urnal&ats_es=e16b7d7015691f26ebc528b6dc45ad7a

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The taxing on mileage is just another tax the demorats want to impose so they can waste more of our hard earned money--in michigan everytime you sell a vehicle, you have to pay tax on it--how many cars have been taxed 6-7 times or more during the cars lifetime--how fair is that?????????

bobs409

Administrator
Same in PA! There is an exemption code #13 for when no money changes hands. Bought a few cars where the seller felt the same way about taxes as I do and said he gave me the vehicle. :D Most times the seller agrees to less amount to help save some anyway.

If you really think about ALL the taxes there are, you won't be a happy camper. It's beyond out of control! You could cut government in 1/2 and STILL it would be too large!

The people in government live pretty good on our hard work! (and they have to nerve to say that "they" work for us!)