To all my Republican Friends

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
A little different in my neck of the woods,
Same issues about Left leaning etc etc, and to be fair I think the majority of teachers have pride in what they do.
As Phil said the home life plays a big part, we sent our 2 boys to our local state run schools, Tom 27, ended up as a Senior Electrical Engineer with Tesla in Palo Alto, Michael 24 didn't finish year 12 and started as an Electrical apprentice and now is my gun Technical Sales guy.

We employ year 10, 11 or 12 kids straight out of school, and train them in the most politically incorrect environment as possible, they turn out men and very versatile, fabrication guys can do electrical and vice versa, allowing a small crew to do lots of work. But I digress, a tech teacher at our local secondary school helps in the selection of giving the lads a try out, if they fit in we employ them, but the BIGGEST issue we have is that the Primary (Grade) schools are not focusing on the basics for a future work life. Kids are leaving these institutions with out the ability to read, write and do core mathematics, to be fair also not all kids are like this, but it has become clear that the Primary school teachers believe to teach this mundane basic stuff is below them, when my tech teacher guy gets some of these kids for metal work etc in year 8, they don't know how to read a ruler, can't do mental arithmetic or know their times tables, I think this is where our education system has failed.
The schools focus is on "all kids will go to university" and they have funding arrangements based on completion rather than performance. This leaves a large amount of kids who may not have the brain power for higher education but can definitely be taught to build things that may never get an opportunity for a trade or similar, as Trump has brought back all those jobs that were once thought to be gone, I hope that OZ politicians see the same advantages, in the meantime I am doing my small bit for a 1/2 dozen lads from my old school.

floyd

Well Known Member
Its called passing the buck,numbers count not what our kids know or not.Remember no child left behind?Most teachers passed these kids off to save there jobs.There are teachers who care,not alot of them,this is a nation wide issue,not just in our school system.The school system needs a overhaul.Education needs to mean something again,instead of teachers,professors making money of off our kids.

floyd

Well Known Member
Now your talking.Heres another issue we have.We go to the auto parts store and ask for a part.We know what we need,they dont.They only know what that stupid computer tells them.They are not book smart,when they ask me who makes the nova,or who makes the 409 motor?Ask for spark plugs some time.It will take forever to get plugs for lets say,1970 350 for 1970 camaro.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Sorry Floyd..have to disagree big time!!!!
Candy taught elementary school for 31 years. Teachers are a big help to the kids...but it's the home environment that counts the most!!! No dad for leadership, low income, shitty neighborhoods.....all are negatives to the child's upbringing. Teachers can, and may be a huge part of the child's upbringing but teachers can't overcome all the negative things at home.

I agree with you 100% Phil. Broken family's no discipline at home, the schools are afraid to touch the kids when they get out of line, and our country has taken a huge hit in the morals dept. not to mention the drug problems . When I was in school if you got out of line you either got your a$$ beat or you were kicked out of school then you got your a$$ beat when you got home. And that's the name of that tune there wasn't any negotiating, and I'm still hitting on six of my 8 cylinders.....I think.:crazy

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I know I didn't like getting beat at school or home, Mom had this belt she called ole Henry so when I heard Henrys name it got my attention. But it didn't bother my Brother one bit about getting beat I think he looked at it like a badge of honor.

Mark

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
dda1df892d6af3d86af27f0970b40646d09d153e793cded9c74e63617e51e88f.png