To all my Republican Friends

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Are you proud of your son? Mike Pence has ALL the right to be proud in this picture!

71279541_975572722775264_819895646055038976_n.jpg

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Still agree and support the thought behind the sign, however according to the Marines, pilots make an average of 82k to 155K depending on rank, time in grade and experience
Dang, I guess I retired too early. I started at $75.00 month as an E-1 and ended as an 0-5 at about $45k a year.
A lot of that probably includes retention bonuses which are pretty hefty now that the airlines are hiring anybody that breathes and has a license.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dang, I guess I retired too early. I started at $75.00 month as an E-1 and ended as an 0-5 at about $45k a year.
A lot of that probably includes retention bonuses which are pretty hefty now that the airlines are hiring anybody that breathes and has a license.

You are probably right about bonus's etc. I am strictly going by the Marines website. I should go back and read all the fine print. I think when I got out of the Army I was making $750 a month as an E4, maybe that was take home though :dunno2

chuckl

Well Known Member
Cecil, you were set upon by hard times! My monthly pay, before taxes, was $78.00 per month and I didn't know what to do with all that money.

Last edited:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil, you were set upon by hard times! My monthly pay, before taxes, was $78.00 per month and I didn't know what to do with all that money.
Maybe it was $78, what's a few bucks here and there.
When I got paid I filled up the car with gas and bought a case of beer for the trunk. I was all set for the month. With only about two weeks in port a month that usually covered my entertainment expenses.