Today in the Northland!

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here's a feel good picture for you southern guys!

Attachments

• im000811.jpg
    im000811.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 214

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Like I said, why in the world does someone live there????????

I don't even like pictures of snow. Really don't like being in it. Bad enough in Ohio. Look forward to Florida or Hawaii mid winter. Helps keep my sanity, or at least what I have!

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We are having record lows in the NW with a dusting of snow already.
We are about twenty years over due for a really cold and snowy winter and I believe this might be the year,,,,

I think a trip to Cabo is due by January !!

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It is a little bit cool here this evening. We currently have 6 below, but the weather forcast has good news. A heat wave is coming. It is supposed to be 35 above by Friday.:) :)

Ron

36master

warm in tn.

hey fellows, tought i would let you all know its been in low 80,s here for the last day or so.even got the 58 out and went crusing.good thing about tn. weather,if you dont like it,hang around a few days and it will change.:evil ps makes me cold looking at that picture. ha thanks bobby:cool:

CarlK60

Supporting Member 1
I hate winter

Hey Nut, That is NOT what I wanna be seein! I sure wish I coulda took pics of the 4 door yesterday (monday) morning, covered in ice and slush, but I didnt have time....had to get in it and drive it to school.... :cuss Hopefully I will have my winter car finished this weekend :cheers

CK

Neil W

HI 348NUT,

That's a nice looking little bronco, you must not see many of them up there. I have a few friends that are early bronco fanatics and I've probably got as much time in those f**ds as I do in my own projects. Actually I like 'em a lot, and enjoy working on them. Both have 1 ton running gear and fairly nice motors, the largest of which is a 547 cid stroker.

I must say your photo makes me a little jealous, I was born in Park Rapids and have family in that area. I've never been in the northern part of the state, but I sure like central Minnesota. My grandfather has a small farm near Sebeka and I have been thinking of asking him if he would sell it.

Anyhow, keep warm and NO DONUTS. :D

Neil

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the compliments on the Bronco. (That was a compliment dq, wasn't it?) :p I've had it since I was 16 and it was my dads before that. I did all the modifications to it and have had tons of fun in it over the years! Even had it on it's top once! :eek: But mostly just up to the bumpers in swamp grass and peat moss. It doesn't get driven in the winter. It just hasn't made it out to the barn yet. This winter may be a doozy! :D Guess I'll just keep smilin' and thinking of warmer days to come. :cool:

Attachments

• im000639.jpg
    im000639.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 136

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yeh,,,I guess it was !! heee heee

I do likea couple F**d products !! This may be one !

Perfect size and with good power can be a great truck,,,,
Simple and basic,,,,

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's a feel good pic for us northerners too.:)

Attachments

• 9b_1.jpg
    9b_1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 122

truck409

Supporting Member 1
Hey,Aaron,I know that f--d runs pretty good but think how it would run with one of your 409s in there,hee hee hee!I like the picture with the snow in it,now you know how it looks here in Alaska right now!:D :D :D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
WEATHER UP NORTH!!!

I've been waiting for you to jump in Paul!! Why not roll out that 74 and take a picture so everone can see what it looks like in Delta Junction, Alaska today!!!! You have to be our northern most member!!!! Just checked, right now it's 24* in Chicken, Alaska!!! 'Bout time to you to start stayin' inside now, isn't it!!!!

Take care and keep warm!!

truck409

Supporting Member 1
Surely,Phil,your not referring to my 93 cubic inch stroked low rider are you,hee hee hee?(it was originally an 80 cubic inch,not a 74,that was early 1979,mine is a late 79)It would make a cool picture since it's black and snow is,of course,white.Actually it's been unseasonably warm here,usually by Halloween it's well below o but not last winter or this winter,very little snoe and today it's been 32 degrees above zero,GLOBAL WARMING?:D :eek:

Another Cool Picture

This was actually taken on New Years day a couple yers back.
It was about 10 degrees below 0 F in the mid afternoon !:eek:

This is just a scan of a 4 X 5 photo. The photo was made from a 35 mm negative that was made from a 6 X 7 colour positive on 50 speed film !
In english.....
You should SEE the original 6 X 7 transparency ! You can read T3 in the headlights, and count the slits in the tread between the tire grooves ! The background behd the iced tree branches has an orange hue from the sunset.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Aubrey, that is a beautiful picture. And, I'm glad it's a picture. That's as close to that weather as I want to get! I know it's coming here, and comes straight from the Canadian Prairies. Right from where you are. But, WE DON"T WANT IT!!!!!!! KEEP IT. PLEASE.

Fred

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Fred, I think you have "Snowfobia" Ya know I've heard people say "you can always put more clothes on. You can only take so much off!" :eek: Oh Aubrey, memories of days and cars gone by. I feel for you buddy.;) NUT