Happy Birthday! Tommy Nolen

bobs409

Administrator
It's cool. I love old American iron! Where did we go wrong??? We used to produce such stylish cars and now look. :barf1 :bang

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I'm really not a fan of 57 Fords, this one belonged a good friend who passed away last year from cancer. I bought it from his estate hoping to help his family a little. It's a 312 3 speed, I put the 2x4 setup on it. Finding a correct 2x4 setup with the breather and fuel lines etc. was pretty difficult.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I bet, it was.:doh I never seen, a two-four Air Cleaner, like that before. It's Pretty Unique.:love

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I bet, it was.:doh I never seen, a two-four Air Cleaner, like that before. It's Pretty Unique.:love
Yeah, that air cleaner is similar to the one Ford uses on the 57 T Bird with 2x4's but not exactly. The one for the sedan is much harder to find that the T Bird

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When I was a kid, looking for my first car, after H.S. Graduation.(1964). We always went to Smitty's Used Cars.:clap He was across the river, from where we lived. He always had great $ 100. cars. Mostly Fix-r-upper's. I fell in love with this particular 52 Ford. Metallic Green, Bucket seats, 3 Speed, on the floor, Dual Exhausts, with Chrome tips and Skirts. It had 55 or 56 Olds Tailights. The exhaust crossover, came up the sides, and went across the front of the engine. Also it was Chromed. He wanted $ 450.00, and the motor knocked. I didn't have the money, and bought a 57 Chevy Station Wagon, instead. 283 stick, with a warn out engine. Was that, a custom exhaust pipe, on that Ford? Don't think I ever seen another like that.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It was on the first fords after flatheads, started here in the 54s. Weird setup, a lot of heat in the engine compartment and hard to work in there without getting burnt.
Nice 57 Tommy.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I can believe that, Don. The Chrome pipe, on that old Ford, was Blue and Gold, just like a M/C exhausts get.:doh Could tell, it gets hot.