Too much politics?

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
It seems to me, and this has been a problem for at least 100 years of this nation's history, that politics and the resultant infighting and societal destruction has for far too long had too dominant a place in charting the nation's agenda. Nothing can get done, efficiency is out the window, and the people's business is being subverted by one branch or another simply because they think they can. It's never been more obvious than now, and the whole system is rendered ineffective as a result.
In a perfect world, government would be perfectly inert, that is, non partisan. Laws would be written to reflect the need of society in a given matter, and they would be extensively researched so that they could be written as accurately as possible and enforced equally and firmly. No law would be enforced differently for one side than another, no given people group would receive favorable treatment, or excluded based on any factors. The law and it's function needs to be colorblind and enforced as such.Laws couldn't be imposed on anybody as a means of controlling them or restricting them unequally, or as a means to reward the few at the expense of the many. Seems to me that the opening pages of the Bill of Rights contains the phrase" with the consent of the governed". The United States Constitution was drafted to provide a means to control the government, not the citizens. The role of government should be to back up or authorize the people in their business, earning a living, civic responsibility, and raising a family. One's religion should not hamper their standing as a citizen, although a few religious pursuits do that to their own members, although nobody has to stay in a body that doesn't help them develop to their best potential.
The news media would have no political bias. It would simply report the facts without a slant or a bias. News would exist to inform on current events, not to slant or shape public opinion. Seems that the sale of a sensational story is more of a priority than the accurate representation of the facts. A non political news system would go far to correct this.
Education would present nothing but factual information, straight down the middle. No attempt to influence opinions or impart bias in any curriculum would occur. The subject of math is a good example of pragmatism. 2+2 always equals 4. If an entity says that 2+2+3, or 5, it could be openly identified as being wrong, regardless of how passionately they think they are right. Of course, those who think 2+2=5 must have gone to a democrat controlled school system. History is a subject so bent by bias that finding an accurate source of history is quite difficult. That would be quite an assignment to take the subject of history and remove the fiction from the facts.
The workplace is a place where politics doesn't belong as well. Promotion and hiring should be based on job skills and the likelihood that a potential hire could be counted on to do his or her job without some bias that has nothing to do with the job. Weren't you hired to do a job and be paid for it rather than argue about matters not applicable to the job at hand?
Unions should be straight down the middle non partisan. That flies in the face of what they are all about. Pay,benefits, employee relations, working conditions and future raises and negotiable items pertinent to the actual job would be the reason for their existence. Union leaders wouldn't be going up to the state capital to hobnob with the elitists there at worker's dues expense. No portion of any union dues would be spent on any political activity. Leave political activity out of the workplace. Employment should be based on job skills and knowledge rather than political affiliations. Your boss should only be concerned with your skills and application to duty, not your beliefs.
There's so much more to this than we have time for right now, but let's think how nice an unbiased system of society would be rather than the convoluted divided mess we have now. Any further comments?

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Greg, that's a nice post ...

I think it's appropriate to have those aspirations for our society. I think we should all strive to make those our goals and work toward achieving them. I also think it's important to realize that will never happen while mankind still has dominion on the planet. We're just too selfish by nature ... and I include myself in that. (See, it's all about ME)

What is transpiring is also expected because it has been written. There is good and there is evil in this world. That cannot be denied, for a time, evil wins. That time is basically right now and the next few to several years.

Consider watching your fav sports team ... recorded. The contest is already concluded, but you have yet to watch. Before you mash "play," you become aware of the result, but watch it anyway. Your team won!!! But during the game, your team finds itself way behind, making mistake after mistake.

you don't have any anxiety because you know the outcome. During those bad situations, you're simply amazed ... how in the world do we get out of THIS!? You know you do ... because you know you won!

Life is gonna get harder before it gets infinitely better. And there is increasing deception, even now. Current vyrus response is part of that.

For me, I'm working toward having a great car to share at cruise-ins/backyard car shows, swapping stories with former strangers and share the saving grace of Jesus Christ, for receiving that gift is how we realize the desired state. PRESS ON!

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Boy Greg, You wrote what I have been thinking for a long time and I agree with you 100%. I now know why I did not vote much in the 70's as it was all a crooked deal and after this years it still is. I am done voting, will not waste my time with people that get elected and have no common sense at all. With that said, I can now say I am a "retired voter" the same as when I quit the Catholic church, I am retired from that too. When asked "what faith I follow" I tell them "I'm independent". Let all of them fight it out without me and someday they will all see the light, maybe not today but it will happen.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Speaking of politics, you can take it for what its worth because I I took it off of my puter Libatard sign on page but still I wouldn't doubt it because Trump has been surrounded by Rhinos his whole first term. Religion seems to take a hit under DemonCrap ,rule if this election goes to Biteme I'm wondering what Biteme's puppeteers will do with it with 4 years of crap slinging.

Carl Bernstein Names 21 GOP Senators Who 'Privately Expressed Their Disdain for Trump' (msn.com)

Mark

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Politics, continued...
Seems that politics has its place, but not some places. That's the real intent of my post.
As far as politics and religion, if you are going to publicly speak for God and emphasize a political position, make sure you know Him first. I feel that anybody who knows God, has Christ for their Lord, reads His word, follows Him and tries to apply their mind to a higher level of thinking, is going to reflect His influence in their daily lives and thought processes. That can't help but be a good thing. When one group broadcasts a political position that they say is divinely inspired, yet another denomination, church or group displays another position which may even be a polar opposite, something isn't too well lined up. How would the casual initiate or even an interested skeptic not then wonder which God is right? Polytheistic assumptions are inevitable. The best course of action is to compare political positions with established Bible truth. Anybody who tells you otherwise needs to be quietly disregarded immediately. Some people think church is a good thing, but don't give me too much Bible. Now, how do you do that? That's our absolute. The Bible is like making horsepower. If some is good, more is better.Too much might mean you're getting close! Whether it's a dyno or a pulpit, we need a proper, appropriate, and adequate application of more power in our lives and cars to arrive at the ultimate goal.However, I don't go to church to be told how to vote. That's my business, just like it's my business what I choose to give, how I might want to serve as a volunteer, or how much time I choose to invest in a project or program. Godly people make Godly decisions, and if a preacher or pastor doesn't think so, he needs to re-evaluate the quality of his influence for good.
Common sense comes into play here. If a position or opinion doesn't make sense at all, that's because it doesn't work. Too many political agendas fail only to be tried again because the individuals pushing for it seem to think that the wrong people were trying for it the last time, making it fail in the process.They want you to think that they can make it work. No thanks. Certain things in the political agendas won't work no matter who pushes for it. It's just flat out wrong.
The things that interest me any more are the things that make me think and want to learn. I don't want to be simply entertained. There's far better ways to use and develop your mind than simply settling for entertainment. We have a whole entertainment industry that is prominently out there. Look how well it makes society use it's mind. Mix that with politics and its dangerous.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
just to be clear, I'm not advocating an alignment of Christian doctrine with either political party. I don't need to do that. You'll know them by their fruits. (Matt 7: (16))

individual failures ... vice platform goals.

Wasn't it Huck Finn's author who said ... ~"you may not be interested in politics, but politics is interested in you" ???

Juxtaposed with religion ... a man-made institution, by the way ... harkens the statement of Star Wars' ol Palpatine "it is inevitable."

None of us is perfect executing the creed we proclaim (Romans 3 :23))... most of us fail more than we succeed, but the lesson to heed is that it's not about any one nor all of us. It is about Jesus Christ. That we fail/fall/sin routinely only underscores the Truth; Jesus made the Way for He is the Way, the Truth, and The Life. (John 14:6). By the way ... Romans 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-10 are worth a read

Politically, there are well-intended folks across the spectrum. There are also unrepentant evil people in that same spectrum who use the opportunity for division to serve their single goal; destroying as many humans as possible with distraction and deceit, even if that destroys them, because they're soulless hybrids serving their master and his goal.

As it was in the days of Noah ... said Jesus. (Matt 24 : 37)) One of the "wases" is the percentage of pure humans. 7 was the total count of the human remnant; Noah/wife, Noah's 3 sons ... and TWO of their wives. The rest of the people were nephilim, including Ham's wife. Genetically different and soulless. Genesis 6 and Genesis 9.

Why make such a public statement? I am reminded about a game with dominoes called "84" ... My fellow Texans are undoubtedly familiar. My reminder is in the bidding process, the player commits his trump suit with his bid. Obviously that indicates to his opponents what suit is his strongest ... but more importantly, it tells his partners.

The nephilim already know of their existence and purpose. Humans, and particularly Disciples of Jesus, need to be aware. Jesus said He told us all things in advance (Mark 13) ... so that Day will not overtake you (1 Thess 5)

Politics has drawn an increasing number of people ... as we get closer to the realization of the "one world government." Sadly, this is our nature; demand a king. The Israelites demonstrated this despite the miracles God provided them. (1 Sam 8) We think we Americans rebuff that notion, but do we? For over 100 years, now, the U.S. government has been consolidating power and we repeatedly install people into office who continue/augment that vector ... in BOTH major parties. The only difference between our elected government in 2020 and the Israelites demanded government 3000 years ago; the number of crowns.

The Good News .... for the Believer, we're not home yet, this is not where we belong. But we occupy (see you thought a political group started that ...nope Matt 25 : 14)). We Press On (Phil 3:14) ... and look up (Matt 24:33).

On this Thanksgiving Day, before all the happenings happen ... God bless you, reader. In everything giving thanks, rejoicing always (1 Thess 5)

ED: admin note: was making faces of my references. smh. spaces added around the " : "