Tooth's 30 chevy coupe /409

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Old school is cool! That's why I'm putting the 9.3 in Pontiac/olds rear-ended in my coupe. I like the pinstriping and your radiator overflow tank too! What are you running for transmission? What rear-ended gear?

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks, I've got an aluminum manual valve body Powerglide with a 373 rear gear. I've got a 31 chopped grill shell and radiator I could take a picture of if you would like.:weld

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
This looks like the one I have only mine is painted red. You sure that's not a 31. I think there the same. I looked it up online 29-30-and 31 look the same.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Clint that's funny I have a 31 Ford Grill shell too, boy wouldn't that wake them up putting a Ford Grill shell on my Chevy!20190605_211526.jpg
I don't think my Chevy buddies would ever let me live that one down....

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I saw that, it looks good it fits. No Ford emblem though. That strikes curiosity in my thinking! I noticed it in your first post of mr. Clean that the grill was not a Chevy but it does look good. Thanks for some ideas.:good The rear suspension in Mr. Clean looks a little different what's up with that? I would also like to see a picture of the Oldsmobile motor in it with the Dual quads especially the intake..... Looks like rocket valve covers too.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Today Saturday June 15th I went to Sedalia Mo to a swap meet, I was in a booth and I noticed a plastic tub with a bunch of Impala emblems, SS emblems and Impala cross Flags. There was a license plate laying on the table from Arizona said 64 409. So I asked the guy about the car he said it was his friend's car and he just bought it and it has a 65 400 horse 409 in it. He had the original 64 409 and was restoring the car and going to put it back in and wanted to sell the 65 409 to get some money for the restoration. He told me the guy's name and I gave him my number and told him I was interested in it to call me. He said it ran and it was driving and in the car right now. And wasn't going to take it out until somebody was wanting to buy it. He gave me the price that he wanted for it, and was very very very reasonable. The only thing was missing was the original manifolds, and he is going to keep the headers. Other than that it is complete engine carburetor's to oil pan water pump starter Etc. I thought that was a pretty good buy for $5,000. I told him I would need to come and look at it and check out the numbers and hear it run and if everything he says is true I am interested in it and would take it. Just waiting on a phone call to go look at it now!:bore3:bore4:impatient WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.....

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Today Saturday June 15th I went to Sedalia Mo to a swap meet, I was in a booth and I noticed a plastic tub with a bunch of Impala emblems, SS emblems and Impala cross Flags. There was a license plate laying on the table from Arizona said 64 409. So I asked the guy about the car he said it was his friend's car and he just bought it and it has a 65 400 horse 409 in it. He had the original 64 409 and was restoring the car and going to put it back in and wanted to sell the 65 409 to get some money for the restoration. He told me the guy's name and I gave him my number and told him I was interested in it to call me. He said it ran and it was driving and in the car right now. And wasn't going to take it out until somebody was wanting to buy it. He gave me the price that he wanted for it, and was very very very reasonable. The only thing was missing was the original manifolds, and he is going to keep the headers. Other than that it is complete engine carburetor's to oil pan water pump starter Etc. I thought that was a pretty good buy for $5,000. I told him I would need to come and look at it and check out the numbers and hear it run and if everything he says is true I am interested in it and would take it. Just waiting on a phone call to go look at it now!:bore3:bore4:impatient WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.....
Where is it, could you give us the address?:brow

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Where is it, could you give us the address?:brow
Nice try! I was born during the day but not today. But it's only about an hour and a half from my house. Who knows if anything will come from it oh, you know how people blow smoke sometimes. Time will tell and it's great to dream!:4th2
Google says from Great Bend Kansas it's 4hours 10 minutes 250.9 Miles does that help? Lol:lmao:roll

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice try! I was born during the day but not today. But it's only about an hour and a half from my house. Who knows if anything will come from it oh, you know how people blow smoke sometimes. Time will tell and it's great to dream!:4th2
Google says from Great Bend Kansas it's 4hours 10 minutes 250.9 Miles does that help? Lol:lmao:roll
Just pulling your leg!! I actually bought a 1964 400 hp 409 running was completely overhauled and I drove the 58 biscyane it was in for just a smidge over your quoted price. It is a tire smoker (posi),so I found my bargain a few years back. I have not installed in anything yet ,was thinking another car to purchase to put it in, but don't know if that will happen. So I start it every now and then on engine run stand. Most likely my son will get it when I kick the bucket. He has always been into 409.