Tooth's 68 Chevy ll Beater Project

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This is Lee Cramer who I ran in the 1st round in the 70 Chevelle. He Is there every weekend. He said I really was making him sweat bullets. He commented he was all out of gears and I was coming on hard and he didn't know if he was gonna hold me off or not, I was gaining the whole time and he beat me by half offender. I was off on my reaction time was the only thing that saved him. :wacko look at the 60' and mph and index margin:dunno he schooled me:pan

20210321_142021.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks James for posting the video. And I would also like to give a thanks to Mr. Horton for his kind words! Now I see and know why MoKan is Jameses Called hometown track. What a fun weekend. And I got a big education. I’m just glad tonight when I unloaded my car I could start it and drive it off the trailer take it around the block and put it in the garage:dance110 passes this weekend, Made chassis adjustments and they worked:good Next time James it’ll be adjusting the driver:wacko:doh I guess that’s what happens when you think about it too much instead of just Following your routine.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Was that video from your recorder? Not very good quality :dunno2
This is Lee Cramer who I ran in the 1st round in the 70 Chevelle. He Is there every weekend. He said I really was making him sweat bullets. He commented he was all out of gears and I was coming on hard and he didn't know if he was gonna hold me off or not, I was gaining the whole time and he beat me by half offender. I was off on my reaction time was the only thing that saved him. :wacko look at the 60' and mph and index margin:dunno he schooled me:pan

View attachment 92931

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don’t have a PC so I made a copy of the screen. I guess I could bring it down and put it in your laptop. It is a video of a video. Maybe I need to buy a new computer. I just have my Apple tablet and it won’t take an SD card. Sorry for the bad quality but you can get the idea. At least now my new phone will crop and send part of a video.

Floyd Horton

Well Known Member
Thanks for the kind words Tooth. Very nice to meet you in person after following your adventures on the forum. Had a wonderful visit with James. He blows me away with all that he manages to accomplish. He is a very talented individual. Travis did take the win in Super Stock. Trav pointed out that he won this race 21 years ago on this date. The same car won Super Mod 21 years ago driven by this years winners father. Steve Goss is the father and his son Andrew is an amazing young racer who came up thru Jr Dragster and now runs a Super Comp dragster as well as the 71 GTO that took the Super Mod win. Would very much enjoy seeing you and James back at the "Kan" on a regular basis.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Floyd it was a wonderful weekend! The "KAN" was a hoot and tons of fun for both James and me. First time I'd ever been down that track and definitely won't be the last. I think that Lee Cramer might have been in the finals in super mod too. He was the 70 Chevelle that I drew in the first round. Luckily for him I fell asleep. He and I had a wonderful talk and he was sweating bullets. Congratulations to Travis oh, you guys are a wonderful racing family. Good people, good atmosphere, all about racing:good Be Safe Hortons! Oh yea, and burn a tire!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My very 1st pass at the KAN 11.88 off the trailer. I had never been down the track before and didn't really know what to expect in shut down area, Pretty sure I let out of it a little early. I have been running 114 to 116 1/2 mph. This one was at 111.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jackson (Wrenchbender) is one of my heroes, post 347:bow:bow:bow that MF builds the coolest friggin cars, and when he goes period correct, he nails it. Great video of his awb Dodge:good:good
Not only that but he ran a 10.68 next day Sunday off the TOW-BAR Which means he towed it and behind his pick up truck not a trailer the way they used to do it! He is genuine! And he’s putting on a race soon and I hope to be there he invited me and the beater nova. So there was a class for me but I had to get rid of the white lettering on the Hoosiers, but he said he would let my cowl hood slide.:cool: AWB dodge has drum brakes:hide:fear2

Last edited:

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
He sure is:cool: Went to HAMB drags '07 and got ruined for life. I was 18. He was flat towing his model T with the pickup then, and then a couple years later he was flat towing an AWB Dart with the model T:D:D:D :salute Dude walks the walk thats for sure!

Heard a lot of horror stories about the ol' tow bar, but I'm gonna give it a try in the near future.