Tooth's 68 Chevy ll Beater Project

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Phil and everybody else I appreciate your kind words, and when I was young it was really tough cuz I pretty much hated the world! But I realized I wouldn't get anywhere and if you want something you just have to work for it and the only thing that can stop you from getting what you want and being what you want is you. Had a good night appreciate all my buddies being there.

I had just let more air out of the tires and had got back in line and was going to actually speed shift at this time ( like I didn't own it) and there was only a little over a hundred cars ahead of me and I've been waiting for 45 minutes (two oil downs) and hadn't moved so I got out of line and load it up. So maybe next time 15 lb air in the tires possibly 14 and speed shift is in store. I'll try and post to videos that I have of it tomorrow and I know James is got a couple.
And as of for my idea of not shifting to 4th and staying in third through the traps got me 114.83 mph. 7700 Rpm on the tattletale tack :scared2On the second pass I shifted to 4th got a lower ET but lost three mile an hour.:wacko:rub Thats where the speed shifting is going to come into play...:brow James asked me when I was going to quit sandbagging ? Guess you'll know when I explode something.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’ve been thinking about putting my big cubic inch 409 in the Chevy ll Nova, James says I shouldn’t take a perfectly good running motor out of it to put in the 409, i’m thinking the way I drive it on the street it’s going to get me in trouble anyway...:confused
I think it would be a good candidate because of the quick performance 9” and the traction Cal Trax,subframe connectors,disc breaks and the three peddles... lm building a 348 stroker motor for the shop truck and that’ll be a fun ride for the street. A g-force and long shifter, roll bar and custom built headers and its off to the track!!! Besides when I could take my exhaust off and James can hear it then:confused... The Salt Shaker and the Pepper Grinder... what a hoot!!!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What a beautiful day for a drive, fresh fuel fresh antifreeze and smooth crazing. :woohoo A good day to Burn a tire. Run some fuel through the shop truck and the beater nova today all fresh and ready for winter storage. Tomorrow’s November, crazy weather here in mid MO. Love it... I put the passenger side door back on the truck so I was able to drive it and move it around. I fitted the New door and now all I need to do is prep them and paint them.5B290ADE-C91B-4B48-B9F6-AFBDC1C20A55.jpeg6769274C-DD78-4D9C-8491-35DE35445446.jpegE8582843-FC0E-4E0F-8AF7-BBAD7B8C2AAA.jpeg Went to classic parts of America in Kansas City north and picked up all new guts and hardware for the doors. Regulators window rubbers tracks all the screws and new armrest. Looks like that will be my winter project is to get the doors painted and installed on the truck. For the nova I’m going to change the original single leaf springs for a set of two piece Calvert springs. Then every part in the suspension will be new.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:yup Absolutely correct Don they would be. I have the Cal Tracs on mine now and they were only $350. Any leafspring car I own will have a set on them! The two piece mono leaf spring set is supposed to be around 450 for the complete kit. I’m going to order some probably right after Christmas and that will be my Christmas present to myself:brow I will post pictures on this thread of the installation. It certainly makes it easier to install when you have a car lift.