Tooth's 68 Chevy ll Beater Project

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not sure, I don’t have any shims or a installation kit with a crush sleve but both are fairly new. But one is nodular steel and the other one is aluminum. So my answer would be I’m not sure, ideas?

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
If just changing from spool to posi, all you have to do is change out the ring gear. Just check the backlash on the 3:70 before you take it apart and set it back where it was. It would be nice to have new ring gear blots but that's it.
I should say that is if the carrier bearings are the same size on both housings.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a video, and here’s a video of upgrades I’m getting ready to do to the nova and the shop truck. Still have a few little details to work out but when I get done with all the upgrades or while I’m installing the upgrades I’ll shoot a couple little videos of it too. Springs is coming hopefully the race tracks will be opening up and I will be ready to have some fun. My biggest issue is if the car goes too fast which may just be a dream, :wackothey will definitely not let me run it anymore till I put a rollbar in it. Something about safety, And I’ve debated whether I should do that or not. After all It is a street car. And put in the 370 gear in it will definitely wake it up from the 325. I can only assume it’s gonna leave harder, and there’s a possibility it may destroy my super T 10. And then there will be another video upgrade of a G-Force.:confused:cool::love Well here’s a video and I hope it doesn’t bore you. ‘tis the season to soon burn a tire!:good:burnoutWell here’s a video and I hope it doesn’t bore you. ‘tis the season to soon burn a tire!

Junky

Well Known Member
Tooth... when we come shopping in your garage, we can make a clean sweep in just a few minutes, now that you have pointed out where all the good stuff is. Would you please leave the keys in the car and truck so we don't need to bring our own transportation to tall all that we want with us. Oh, before I forget, please have the video in a player, so we can use it for a reference, should we forget where something is located. Wristpin, are you in or out????? :laugh2:laugh4:mock

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No worries, I thought about that when I made the video and decided since my wife has such a good clean shot from the kitchen window and the dining room window that it's not a problem. She's home all the time by the way.:cool: if you give her some notice though I'm sure she would just as soon go down and warm them up for you and have them ready so you can make a fast getaway:dunno2

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tooth... when we come shopping in your garage, we can make a clean sweep in just a few minutes, now that you have pointed out where all the good stuff is. Would you please leave the keys in the car and truck so we don't need to bring our own transportation to tall all that we want with us. Oh, before I forget, please have the video in a player, so we can use it for a reference, should we forget where something is located. Wristpin, are you in or out????? :laugh2:laugh4:mock
I made Dave the crusher Cootz the same offer! Haven't heard back from him though.:lmao:roll
And for you Junky, I'll draw you a map and a picture and leave it in the front seat of the truck cuz I know how people are when they get old timers disease... :crazy

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So Monday I went to my aunts funeral where my cousin her brother’s son kevin fired off a salute at her funeral with my uncle’s Canon, it’s a 3 inch cannon and he bought it in like 86 or 87 at Dixie gun works in Union City Tennessee. He and my dad‘s best friendBuilt the oak cart for it and 86 or 87. Here’s a picture of the projectile we were shooting, we also shot some ball bearings and golf balls out of it. Pretty crazy stuff. We were using 1200 grains of black powder and blue jeans for a wad. Dynamite fuse to light the bang. It can’t always be about cars! LOL
63CC0B1F-BBB2-4991-AD66-A21D0992A1E7.jpeg4C577D96-7CEA-4D5D-9349-F6B0A4CAB2CB.jpeg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James, what are you doing Saturday. This Saturday the 27th? I can make the shop nice and toasty for you, if you promise not to take a nap, want to help me put some springs on the Beater nova (Pepper Grinder)??? That might be a good name for my 63 :brow:cool:No hurry... I just thought if you had time and wasn’t busy we could start on it. Supervision would be good!:confused

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don’t know about an edge, The salt shaker being a 62 but time will tell. I can guarantee you one thing once the ball starts rolling he is not gonna let me get that edge you’re talking about. The funny part is is when I go to pick up the car I’m sure he’ll be with me.:brow:good

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I don’t know about an edge, The salt shaker being a 62 but time will tell. I can guarantee you one thing once the ball starts rolling he is not gonna let me get that edge you’re talking about. The funny part is is when I go to pick up the car I’m sure he’ll be with me.:brow:good
Oh ,I thought you picked it up already,just pics from Kevin.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You are correct Don Kevin did send me these pics, where he and I have come to an agreement and I plan on going out and picking it up as soon as the weather clears. That is the plan and James said if I give him a little notice he would like to go along. Unless a friend of ours that lives in Colorado Springs whose name is Sean, James is temporarily working for him comes this way with the trailer that needs a load. We’ll see. I plan on taking vacation to go get it. I am excited about it too. 409 4 speed for sure!:burnout :burnout :burnout :burnout :burnout