Traction Master traction bars

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Any of you old fogies ever run Traction Masters back in the day ? I have a NOS set that were never installed that were in the trunk of my car when I found it. Complete with some vague instructions. Been wanting to put them on for15 years now but dont want to screw up how the car rides. There is a saddle that welds to the bottom of each axle tube and also a weld tab that welds on the structure where the lower control arms bolt to the frame. Whoever bought this car new had intentions apparently but never got them on. This old gorl rides like a Caddy right now so dont want to bugger it up but I just keep thinking I should weld them on.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, that’s the NOS set you got from me many years ago! They were hard to give up but I deemed your car very worthy of such cool pieces! I’m fairly certain that you need something like a silicon-bronze TIG welding rod similar to the rod used to weld oil pickup tubes to cast iron oil pumps because the TM axle tube saddle bracket was a casting if I remember correctly so it would be a very similar procedure.

Last edited:

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My ‘55 2dr 210 had a set when I got it in summer ‘65. He used to run it at Famoso in early ‘60’s. I have to assume they were for leaf springs only? Right?
Denni Bubp

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
No,the ones being talked about were made specificly for the X framed cars with the coil springs.Very rare,and I doubt that they rode good on the street.They were designed for straight line drag racing.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bob, that’s the NOS set you got from me many years ago! They were hard to give up but I deemed your car very worthy of such cool pieces! I’m fairly certain that you need something like a silicon-bronze TIG welding rod similar to the rod used to weld oil pickup tubes to cast iron oil pumps because the TM axle tube saddle bracket was a casting if I remember correctly so it would be a very similar procedure.
Mark...If that is the case I got them the same time I got the car and loaded them in the trunk. Trunk was full of junk and spare tires !

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
No,the ones being talked about were made specificly for the X framed cars with the coil springs.Very rare,and I doubt that they rode good on the street.They were designed for straight line drag racing.
Thats why I never put them on. Rides too good to mess it up but they sure are cool.62E933FB-8A26-400D-871E-5CDD56501F92.jpeg