Tractor pull contest

RussC

Well Known Member
It was a conversion offered by Funk aircraft. May very well have been available through Ford...I don't know. Some saw their way into the military. Most of the conversion parts have been reproduced. If I needed something to do I'ld convert mine....but then I'm pretty well booked up!

427John

Well Known Member
It was a conversion offered by Funk aircraft. May very well have been available through Ford...I don't know. Some saw their way into the military. Most of the conversion parts have been reproduced. If I needed something to do I'ld convert mine....but then I'm pretty well booked up!
I've seen both the 6 and v8 versions saw a 6 at the portland swap meet years ago the funk conversion had a hood extension that mounted either to the back of the hood or the front of the dash and the v8 conversion I saw on a farm used the stock hood.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice tractors Mr goodwrench. I am partial to the allis chalmers tractors especially the wd and wd45s. I have a wd45 that we used to use on the farm. Is yours a wd or wd45? From what I understand the late wds had the curved shifter like the 45 and it looks like a 45 manifold on it also.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nice collection you have. Thanks for sharing that. Is that Ford an 8N or 9N?? Can't tell by the pics. Thanks, Carmine.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It started life as a WD but over the years I built a 45 engine for it. Dad was plowing one day and broke a tooth off second gear so I replaced everything from the clutch back with WD45 stuff.
Mine has also been pieced together over the time I owned it. The motor was seized when I got it so installed a gleaner e combine engine with d17 governor spring. I upgraded to a 9 spring dry clutch. My wet clutch was shot so installed a used one that I got with a wd45 diesel rearend so I put that rearend in it at the same time as the clutch. 1 framerail was bent so got a new one from another parts tractor. Got a factory power steering setup and put that on and a loader from a d15.