Transistorized Ignition, anyone have one?

409TI

I'm currently in the process of finishing a frame off resto on a 64 Impala SS with a 409/425 hp Transistorizzed Igntion #'s matching car. Looking for anyone else that possibly has a car with the transistorized ignition or has any info regarding it. Here's a few pics of the car

index.php

index.php

index.php

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
409TI; Nice job on your frame. I know it took many-y-y-y-y hours. I did the same thing on my 64. I didn't do a frame off, so I had to spend much time under the car, scrapping, sanding, and painting. It was well worth the effort. Would I do it again?:dunno Thats a tough one to answer. Again, your doing a fine job.:clap Skip:)

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Had1new

Hi TI: I see you still have the other 64 409 (HAD1NEW) I stopped and visited you at your place last year when it was in the Sac Bee, . I was amazed that a building contractor could also do a professional car restoration project.. Very very nice work!!

Give us some more photos when you finish it..

Mick

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The ignition system you have is sometimes called Mag Pulse and was not very reliable because of the transistor failure in the amplifier. All 425, 435 and 450 HP Corvettes came standard with the K66 ignition system. The web site, http://www.tispecialty.com/, should answer all your question and the replacement board is well worth the money if you want dependability.

Hope it helps

Bill