Transmission demolition

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
image.jpeg image.jpeg damage to Jerico 4-speed doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Main case, cluster, and 1 st gear, maybe some small parts. That being said , they quoted about 2 grand in just parts. I'm really considering going to a g-force G-101A, they quoted a new trans, w/ shifter for $4900. Stronger trans.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
View attachment 56540 View attachment 56541 damage to Jerico 4-speed doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Main case, cluster, and 1 st gear, maybe some small parts. That being said , they quoted about 2 grand in just parts. I'm really considering going to a g-force G-101A, they quoted a new trans, w/ shifter for $4900. Stronger trans.
Humm, so you can do old school dry hops again?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
G101a is the way to go. If you watch ebay, gforce will occasionally list reconditioned units (that are basically new) with a new shifter for considerably less. I think mine was 3400 three years ago.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sorry Dave,
But as Carl Bucks says know one tells us to do this
Call G Force talk to Bubba or Mike and ask for price on refurbished G101

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I imagine you will want the Long in-line shifter Dave. I stuck with the H pattern on my street car. Smooth shifting tranny. At least the destruction took place at the end of the season.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Just something to consider. In the past we have used both the Jericho and the 101. Both are good pieces. We all are racing heavy cars. These transmissions are engineered for 6-700 hp. Our experience is that at about 600hp they start to fail. We had a 101 in the red Chevy at 775hp. We would roll the teeth off in as few as 2 and no more than 12 passes. We found the solution in a Liberty or the GF 2400