Transmission issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

floyd

Well Known Member
How long ago did you buy it?If its been under a month,lemmon law,has to refund the purchase.If you want a 4speed,that saginaw is stronger than any muncie.

Junky

Well Known Member
Lemon laws usually are for new cars, and some states include used car purchases from state licensed dealers. Private sales are not covered. Now, there are 50 states, and there are 50 different laws concerning lemon law car buy back, so you advise is spot on if you are in one of those states that has carved out a law for private sales, that transpire across state borders by telephone & eMail, otherwise, he has to sue in small claims court, or hire an attorney, and file in the Civil Court. If anyone would like more legal advise, my fee is $360 an hour, and if you want me to include mental / medical advise, Medicare pays me about 35% of what I bill, so you will get OK advise, but not exacting advise. Frontal lobotomies are always free.
Respectfully,
Dr. Grumpy Junky Esquire

MoboMac

Well Known Member
OK.......I think I found a worthy replacement for the Saginaw....

It's local...rebuilt......and has a big fat BOWTIE on it.......:D

Attachments

• CIMG2560 (2).jpg
    CIMG2560 (2).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 56
  • CIMG2562 (2).jpg
    CIMG2562 (2).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
  • CIMG2563 (2).jpg
    CIMG2563 (2).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 53

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a 63 Biscayne from the South West. It was advertised with a t-10 , came with a saginaw. The guy swore it was t-10. Still sitting under my bench. Oh! and by the way, the 409 in it, that was supposed to have been re-built was junk. He did come up with another block and crank that wasn't much better. Live and learn:dunno2

MoboMac

Well Known Member
Update......

Things did NOT go well......at the negotiating table...

I asked the seller for some compensation.........for misleading information/incorrect transmission in the car he sold me.

He didn't seem to think it was a big deal............said he'd send a check...for $200.

I figured he didn't understand (about transmission values)......so I sent him a link to this thread...

He then accused me of changing out the transmission.....and trying to scam him.....and this is a quote........"those guys are NUTS"

SO........I figured to let both parties cool their jets....for a week or so.....and try again.....(notice I'm being VERY diplomatic about this)

I said.....Hey,.....we're car guys......Lets try and work this out......You wouldn't be happy.....if the roles were reversed....

He came back......with his $200 offer....with a bunch of strings attached to it.....

I think I'm gonna FLUSH.... .:wtf:mad2

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry to hear that.........I’ve had nothing but good luck with my dealings with with people from this website ........people who send parts without receiving cash first........... taking you for your word that you will pay .........there has never been an issue .............I think unfortunately someone who would advertise something for sale without actually knowing what it was that he was selling .........Or collecting good money for.........probably isn’t going to come clean....... I wish you luck

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I too have had great interactions with more than a few people here purchasing parts, sharing photos and experiences both related too 09's and other subjects. The knowledge, willingness to help both in post and in PM's, and comradery here is refreshing. Unfortunately, although most here are exactly as I have described, like you, I found that not everyone here is a standup guy.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What they said, I've been a member here for 12 years and have bought parts and W motors from other members.

All good experiences and a wealth of knowledge on this site.

When it comes too buying vehicles, I have too see the vehicle in real time and not photo's or promised representation from the seller.

The member you purchased the vehicle from hopefully just didn't know what he was selling and made a honest mis representation.

Not too take sides once you took possession of the vehicle you own it. (unless you want to sue the seller and then you both probably become losers in legal fee's) and also what was written in your bill of sale (contract) makes the biggest difference.

Hopefully the vehicle is really what you wanted and the value is still there minus the transmission and what you paid and too include the new transmission.

You'll know next time actually go look at the vehicle and make your own decision whether too buy.

I hope you get more then the 200.00 and actual value of the new transmission. If not take the 200.00 and enjoy the vehicle.

Post some pictures of what you purchased.

Recently, I was going too purchase a 66 biscyane 396/4speed vehicle. Not from another member but a guy that purchased the vehicle like you through photo's and seller representation.

It was a beautiful car from the photo's and before I drove the 500 miles I asked the gentlmen too send me some updated photo's of the undercariage because there was none posted.

It was swiss cheese under the vehicle and a hack repair job on the floor boards. I passed on the purchase.

Happy Motoring!!!!!!!

Ted

MoboMac

Well Known Member
I'm NOT crying in my beer.....

I rolled the dice....on this one....as I have done many times before.....on long distance car deals.....and feel I got what I paid for....and expected......EXCEPT....for the transmission....

I obviously gave the seller credit.....for having MORE integrity......that he actually did....

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry to hear that.........I’ve had nothing but good luck with my dealings with with people from this website ........people who send parts without receiving cash first........... taking you for your word that you will pay .........there has never been an issue .............I think unfortunately someone who would advertise something for sale without actually knowing what it was that he was selling .........Or collecting good money for.........probably isn’t going to come clean....... I wish you luck
Interesting. That's also been my experience here. Many times I sent a personal check and the part arrived before the check did. I questioned the one member about not knowing me and being so trustworthy. He said he never got beat by a member here. Very encouraging to hear that. I guess every once in a while, things don't go the best, Carmine.

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Ok, been quite for long enough. BRIAN bought my car. There are a bunch of “non-truths” in this thread and would like to clear the air and be fully transparent.
- First, Brian didn’t say here how I sold him the car for LESS than I’ve been offered? I was offered a $2,000.00 less then Brian paid, but it was in US funds. So at the 33% exchange, I lost a good amount. BUT the car was going to be parted out and probably cut up. I didn’t want that.
- Second, there was never any mention to me or posted here on 2 distinct “concerns” with the trans that was in the car. WILL SAVE THEM FOR LATER.
- Third, Brian made me an offer that INCLUDED his shipping cost? He claimed didn’t have the $$$ to buy as he had X amount including shipping. He was asking MOM for more $$$ and said he would get the money “SOMEHOW”. Like claiming trans issue???
- Fourth, He has used 3 or 4 different name in correspondence. 1st was Al Bundy, Then Brain, yet phone says David????
- Fifth, There are probably 50 email and 150 pictures of the car back and forth. Asked for casting #’s of engine, stuff about tires and rear, everything. But now the trans is the issue.
Now YES at first I offered $200. I check my local stuff. I sent him the links for what was currently for sale as a gauge. There was 100 difference between a Saginaw and T10. And a rebuilt T10 was $800.00 locally. So I doubled the difference. He then said he bought a fresh rebuilt T10 for a $1000.00. And there was a local Saginaw currently for sale to him not rebuilt for $650.00. This time, SPLIT the difference as now you have a rebuilt I didn’t sell the car with a rebuilt trans. So why should I pay to rebuild his trans.
Now let see. Car was shipped Sept 3. Sent me a picture Sept 29th with different wheels. Still nothing about trans qwirks??? Say “Me....I guess I'm FUNNY.....The transmission....is the first thing I look at......when I get underneath a new car....if it has a clutch attached to it....” Yet then claims it was over a week before he looked???” He has 60 cars and stuff laying around, how do I know that is even my car he sent the picture of, or then he just claiming the trans issue.
My car had a very strong STROKED 409 to 474. Made right about 575Hp and HAS run as fast as 10.32 in another car, 11.50 in a 4600lbs Impala rag BUT with hyd roller not the solid roller. I know I went mid 11’s and beat my buddies 2015 ZL1 Camaro. I also run the car with Vette 15 X 8 rallys and Hoosier Quick Time G60 15 tire. So how, since 2015 would this car, with WEIGHT, Ram Powergrip HD clutch, BIG HP and sticky tires, not break a Saginaw for 3 years!!! Because it wasn’t a Saginaw.
Also, I did say this thread people were CRAZY. 20% the cost of the car, just for a trans that he THOUGHT, yes THOUGHT was in the car. Also, Brian THINKS something and therefore it is. Like when he mentioned shipping the ownership courier? I have the emails that’s what he wanted and wasn’t “happy” I sent it regular mail? He said I agreed, but the email states otherwise.
And this is now looking like a scam to me!!! 3 different names?? Never mentioned trans quirks? Oh now we get to the 2 bills of sale. 1 for car and 1 for trans and motor. Why to save on government taxes as he paid tax on the shell and not the complete car? So he scammed the government too…. Oh and by the way, the bill of sale NEVER said “with a date correct T-10”. It said T10 4 speed? Again more lies for him.
I will send any and all info to any member who would like to see. Emails, bills of sale, pictures. I could have made more $$$ and no headaches selling elsewhere, but the car would be no more. I thought too much of it to let that happen. It was not about $$$. BUT I will not pay him 1 cent due to this thread and the fact of the untruths posted by him here and the other red flags I must keep in my pockets for later use if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.